Tony Lewis (mathematician)
Anthony John Lewis
|Known for||Duckworth–Lewis method|
Lewis was born in Bolton, Lancashire. He received degrees in mathematics and statistics from Sheffield University in the 1960s. In January 2008, he retired as a lecturer in Quantitative Research Methods from Oxford Brookes University. He was formerly a lecturer at the University of the West of England where the Duckworth–Lewis method originated from an undergraduate final-year project. He is also a former chairman of the Western Operational Research Discussion Society and was a keynote speaker at the Second IMA International Conference on Mathematics in Sport in 2009.
- "Tony Lewis - England". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Longmore, Andrew (16 May 1999), "First Night: Duckworth–Lewis: The odd couple getting even with the weather", The Independent, London, retrieved 25 May 2010
- Richards, Huw (18 February 2003), "How two statisticians became stars", New York Times, retrieved 25 May 2010
- IMA Mathematics in Sport Archived 2009-01-06 at the Wayback Machine conference web site.
- "No. 59446". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 June 2010. p. 19.