This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Toni Redpath is a professional ballroom dance champion and choreographer.
Toni Redpath (2005)
October 8, 1972 |
|Spouse(s)||Michael Mead (m. 2000)|
Toni Redpath was born in Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia, and started ballroom dancing at the age of 9, after accompanying a friend to a local dance competition and deciding that it looked like too much fun not to try.
At 18, Toni represented Norway for three years with then partner Jan Tore Jacobson before moving to England and passing her Imperial Society Professional Exams with high honors. Toni later joined her family in the United States and began her professional career as an instructor at the Champion Ballroom Academy in San Diego, California.
Toni formed a professional partnership with Michael Mead and developed a unique style that ultimately led them to setting a record by winning the Open Championships 4 years in a row (undefeated throughout) before retiring from competition in 2002. On September 28, 2000, Toni and Michael were married on the island of Kauai. Currently the couple are based in San Diego and coach many of the U.S. top competitive couples, as well as judging for competitions and traveling the world doing shows.
In April 2013, Toni launched a wedding dance instructional program on DVD developed for couples preparing for their first dance. The program, called Forget the Feet, consists of 4 DVD discs and a wedding dancing planning guide, according to the official website.
TV and FilmEdit
Michael and Toni have made numerous appearances on TV and film. Most notable TV credits are as choreographers on FOX So You Think You Can Dance, featured dancers and champions on PBS America's Ballroom Challenge and Championship Ballroom Dancing, and in the feature film Dance with Me.
So You Think You Can DanceEdit
Toni and her husband Michael provided smooth ballroom choreography for the first three seasons of So You Think You Can Dance.
|Season 1||Ashlé Dawson
|Season 2||Donyelle Jones
|Viennese Waltz||Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?—Bryan Adams|
|Waltz||Sandy's Song—Dolly Parton|
|Season 3||Jamie Goodwin
Judge on Ballroom Blitz
|Viennese Waltz||Man of la Mancha—Linda Eder|
|Season 7||Las Vegas
|Cha Cha||Just Dance—Lady Gaga|
|Season 8||Jordan Casanova
- ClassicDancers.com - The Official Site of Michael Mead and Toni Redpath - American Ballroom Champions Four-Time Undefeated
- Champion Ballroom Academy - Ballroom, Latin, Salsa, Swing Dance Lessons in San Diego
- News & Press :: DanceVision.com
- Why no lifts on Dancing with the Stars?
- Forget the Feet Wedding Dance official website.
- America's Ballroom Challenge . The Competition . Season 2 . Episode One | PBS
- http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2010/04/so-you-think-you-can-dance-vegas-week-new-judge-toni-redpath-takes-contestants-to-the-ballroom.html New judge Toni Redpath takes contestants to the ballroom
- Instructors :: Michael Mead & Toni Redpath :: DanceVision.com