|Purpose||Production of engines for GM|
The campus houses three different engine plants. Plant #1, located at 2995 River Road in Buffalo, was built in 1938; Plant #4, located at 2390 Kenmore Avenue, was built in 1941; and Plant #5, located at 240 Vulcan Street, was built in 2001.
- 2010 $425 million for the next Generation Ecotec 2.0:/2.5L
- 2010 $400 million for a new V8 small block engine
Total engines produced since 1938 – 70,967,249
- Ward's Best Engines 2014 - 6.2L LT1 Small Block GenV
- Ward's Best Engines 2013 - 2.0L Turbo Ecotec GenII
- Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce Green Globe Award for being a leader in Green Manufacturing, 2013
- EPA ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry Recipient, 2010
- Certificate of Appreciation from WNY Chapter 77 Vietnam Veterans of American Chapter
- Hourly: 1,498
- Salary: 237
- Union Local: UAW Local 774
- "Tonawanda Engine Plant, GM News". GM Media. June 27, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2013.