Tommy Lee Jones is an American retired professional wrestler, better known by his ring name, Tommy Lane. Lane is best known for his appearances in Southern United States professional wrestling promotions as Tommy Lane, one-half of the tag team the Rock 'n' Roll RPMs with Mike Davis.
|Birth name||Tommy Lee Jones|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||DJ RPM|
Mongolian Stomper Jr.
|Billed weight||229 lb (104 kg; 16.4 st)|
Professional wrestling careerEdit
Jones started wrestling in the NWA's Central States promotion in 1981 under the name Tommy Rogers (not to be confused with the Tommy Rogers of the Fantastics tag team). In the summer of 1984, he and Marty Jannetty formed a duo called the Uptown Boys, and twice won the NWA Central States Tag Team Championship.
Jones also wrestled as Jeff Gouldie, the (kayfabe) son of Archie Gouldie, who also competed as the Mongolian Stomper. This storyline also allowed Jones to adopt the in-ring nickname Mongolian Stomper, Jr.
Rock 'n' Roll RPMsEdit
Using the Tommy Lane moniker, Jones made his way to World Class Championship Wrestling, which at the time was still affiliated with the NWA. He started a tag team with Mike Davis called the Rock 'n' Roll RPMs. They had feuds with several tag teams, including another "Rock 'n' Roll" pairing known as The Rock 'n' Roll Express. The RPMs feuded with The Fantastics over the WCWA Tag Team Championship, as well, but were unable to win the title.
The RPMs then competed in the CWA in Memphis, where they won the AWA Southern Tag Team Championship twice, and feuded with The Midnight Rockers. Teaming with Cactus Jack, the Rock-n-Roll RPMs lost a six-man match against Hector, Chavo, and Mando Guerrero at the only AWA pay-per-view, SuperClash III.
Tommy Lane later formed a tag team with "Big" Bobby Jones known as The NEW RPMs for Central All-Star Wrestling.the original rpms were managed in the Memphis organization by downtown bruno( Bruno Lauer)
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Central All-Star Championship Wrestling
- CACW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Central States Wrestling
- Continental Wrestling Association / Championship Wrestling Association
- Southeast Championship Wrestling
- USA Wrestling
- USA Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Mike Davis
- World Wrestling Council
- "Tommy Lane". Cagematch.de. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Tommy Lee Jones profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- Duncan, Royal; Will, Gary (2006) [2000.]. "(Memphis, Nashville) Tennessee: Southern Tag Team Title [Roy Welsch & Nick Gulas, Jerry Jarrett from 1977]". Wrestling title histories: professional wrestling champions around the world from the 19th century to the present. Waterloo, Ontario: Archeus Communications. pp. 185–189. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "Southern Tag Team Title". Wrestling-Titles. Retrieved January 19, 2020.