Tomáš Satoranský (born October 30, 1991) is a Czech professional basketball player for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Standing at 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m), he primarily plays at the point guard position, but he also plays shooting guard and small forward.
Satoranský with Washington in 2018
|No. 31 – Chicago Bulls|
|Position||Guard / Small forward|
|Born||October 30, 1991|
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32nd overall|
|Selected by the Washington Wizards|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
From 2007 to 2009, Satoranský played with USK Praha.
In 2009, he signed with CB Sevilla of the Spanish ACB League, where he played for the next five seasons. He was selected in the second round of the 2012 NBA draft (32nd overall) by the Washington Wizards. He played at the 2012 NBA Summer League.
On 21 July 2016, Satoranský signed with the Washington Wizards. On 1 December 2017, he scored a career-high 17 points in a 109–91 win over the Detroit Pistons. On 3 February 2018, he set a new career high with 19 points in a 115–98 win over the Orlando Magic. He surpassed that mark a week later, scoring 25 points on 10-of-12 shooting in a 101–90 win over the Chicago Bulls. On 11 January 2019, he recorded his first career triple-double with 18 points, a career-high 12 rebounds and 10 assists in a 113–106 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
Czech Republic national teamEdit
Satoranský has played in all of the age categories of the Czech Republic national basketball team. He joined the senior Czech Republic national basketball team for the first time in 2009, while playing at the EuroBasket qualification. In 2010, he played at the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, with the Czech Republic Under-20 junior national team. Satoranský also played with the Czech senior national team at EuroBasket 2013 and EuroBasket 2015. He also played at EuroBasket 2017.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- "Satoranský je čtvrtým Čechem v NBA. Jde do Washingtonu za Veselým — iDNES.cz". Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Standig, Ben (22 July 2016). "Tomas Satoransky: Timing was right for Wizards, NBA dreams". NBC Sports Washington. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- "FC Barcelona lands guard Satoransky". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Tomas Satoransky leaves FC Barcelona Lassa". fcbarcelona.com. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Wizards Sign Tomas Satoransky". MonumentalSportsNetwork.com. 21 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Morris, Satoransky lead Wizards to 109-91 rout of Pistons". ESPN.com. 1 December 2017. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "Porter, Wizards ease to 115-98 victory over Magic". ESPN.com. 3 February 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Tomas Satoransky scores 25, Wizards beat Bulls 101-90". ESPN.com. 10 February 2018. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Beal scores 32, Wizards top Giannis-less Bucks 113-106". ESPN.com. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "BULLS ACQUIRE TOMAS SATORANSKY". NBA.com. 6 July 2019.
- EuroBasket 2015 player profile
- Tomas SATORANSKY (CZE).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tomáš Satoranský.|