Together as One (festival)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Together as One was an electronic music festival. It was held on New Year's Eve in Los Angeles. It was a joint production by promoters Go Ventures and Insomniac Events through 2010, but is now promoted solely by Go Ventures. Taking place in downtown Los Angeles, Together As One attracts audiences of over 40,000 dance music enthusiasts each year.
|Together As One|
|Dates||New Year's Eve|
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Years active||1998–2011, 2015-current|
|Founded by||Go ventures|
- 2000/2001: Mark Farina
- 2006/2007: Paul Van Dyk, Deep Dish, Christopher Lawrence, Danny Howells, and Steve Angello.
- 2007/2008: Ferry Corsten, Sasha & John Digweed
- 2008/2009: Armin Only performance from Armin van Buuren, a 9-hour show that has been taken around the world by van Buuren in support of his new album, Imagine, which featured its highest attendance of party goers of nearly 50,000
- 2009/2010: David Guetta, John Digweed, Dubfire, and Sander Kleinenberg.
- 2010/2011: Laidback Luke, Major Lazer, Wolfgang Gartner, and Rusko.
- 2011/2012: Duck Sauce, The Bloody Beetroots, Dirty South, Diplo, and Felix da Housecat.
Rival Los Angeles promoters Go ventures and Insomniac both had separate New Year's Eve festivals in 1997 called Encore and Countdown, respectively. In 1998, on the eve of 1999, the two promoters joined together to start Together As One. A commemorative compilation CD was released by Moonshine Records that year.
In 2011, after creative conflicts between the leaders of the two promoters, Insomniac announced that it would pull out of the partnership. The same year, Insomniac began to organize its own New Year's Eve concert at the Anaheim Convention Center known as White Wonderland. Go Ventures continued to organize the event on its own for 2011-12. However, the 2012-13 edition was abruptly cancelled, with Go Ventures citing unforeseen issues in their attempt to book the Shrine Auditorium for the event.
- Jackson, Nate (December 18, 2012). "Shrine Expo Hall Says Together As One Cancelled". OC Weekly.
- Amter, Charlie (December 23, 2011). "Together as One promoters split". Los Angeles Times.
- "Go Ventures Officially Cancels Together As One, Draws Heat From Falsely Advertised Performer". OC Weekly. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Party Profiling". Los Angeles City Beat. December 29, 2005. Archived from the original on March 27, 2006.
- "Archives". Go Ventures. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- Toben, Graham. "Together As One Los Angeles - New Years 2008". MetroWize. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Insomniac Wants Fans to Know 'We are Not Involved With New Year's Eve Event, Together as One'". Globe Newswire. November 2, 2011. Archived from the original on August 6, 2013.