A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2021)
Todor Todorov was born in Sofia in a family of visual artists.
|Awards||24 International Awards and Insignia of Honour|
His kinetic sculpture "Dance" was one of the 19 directly invited/awarded sculptures placed permanently in the Olympic Buildings for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Other kinetic sculptures by Todor Todorov can be seen at Artparks Sculpture Park, Guernsey UK, Sculpture by the Sea, Sydney, Venice Sculpture Park, designed by Carlo Scarpa etc. In 2004 and 2005 he won First Prize awards for Kinetic Sculpture in the Kinetic Art Organization's International Kinetic Art Competition, in Palm Beach, Florida, USA. One of his bronze sculpture "Totem" has been placed at the New Town Square of Hamilton, Scotland for the Millennium celebration.
"Elemental Sculpture" was published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing in 2013 in English and by Altera Publishing House in Bulgarian. The doctorate is a study in the field of contemporary sculpture, describing an existing but unexplored trend in the development of relationships between sculpture and natural elements, called by the author Elemental Sculpture.
- ^ Todor Todorov Sculptor profile – ArtParkS Sculpture Park – Bringing Sculpture into the Open. Todor-todorov.artparks.co.uk (11 March 2016). Retrieved on 2016-03-25.
- ^ Kineticus the Data Base for kinetic Art. Kineticus.com. Retrieved on 25 March 2016.
- ^ "Elemental Sculpture: Theory and Practice - Cambridge Scholars Publishing".
- ^ Todorov, Todor (2014). Elemental Sculpture: Theory and Practice. Cambridge Scholars Press Limited. ISBN 978-1-4438-5454-2.
- The sculpture reference by Arthur Williams – United States ISBN 0-9755383-0-6
- LA sculpture en acier by Philippe Clerin – France ISBN 2-249-27941-1
- Art Parks International
- Todor Todorov – home page
- Royal British Society Of Sculptors website
- International Sculpture Center Sculptor Directory "Todor Todorov, ARBS"