To Be the Best
To Be the Best is a 1991 mini-series directed by Tom Wharmby. It the fourth mini-series based on a Barbara Taylor Bradford novel he had directed and was produced by London Weekend Television in association with Antenne-2 and Gemmy Productions, it aired on ITV in the UK between 20 and 27 December 1991 in two parts, and on CBS in the U.S. on 2 and 4 August 1992.
|To Be the Best|
|Also known as||Barbara Taylor Bradford's To Be the Best|
|Written by||Elliott Baker (adapter)
Barbara Taylor Bradford (novel)
|Directed by||Tom Wharmby|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||2|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Bradford|
|Running time||200 mins|
|Production company(s)||London Weekend Television
|Original network||ITV (UK)
|Original release||20 December
– 27 December 1991 (UK)|
2 August 1992 (U.S.)
- Lindsay Wagner as Paula Harte
- Anthony Hopkins as Jack Figg
- Stephanie Beacham as Arabella Sutton
- Christopher Cazenove as Jonathan Ainsley
- Stuart Wilson as Jack Miller
- Fiona Fullerton as Madelena O'Shea
- Gary Cady as Philip Amory
- David Robb as Shane O'Neill
- Claire Obermam as Sarah Pascal
- Christopher Blake as Sandy Barkstone
- James Saito as Tony Chiu
- Thomas Ewbabk as Patrick
- Julian Fellowes as Dennis
- Rob Freeman as Harvey G. Rawson
- Rupert Bates as Burrows
- Belinda Mayne as Jill
- Robert Austin as George
- Kate Spiro as Pam
- Candy Lacy-Smith as Susan Sorrell
- Louis Roth as Elwyn Sorrell
- Moray Watson as Hunter
- Bill Reimbold as Peale
- Bill Hutchinson as Doone
- Sarah Lam as Ming
- Peter Dennis as Doctor
The series was subsequently released on VHS on 10 July 1995 and on 24 February 2003 by Odyssey Video. The complete series was released and repackaged on DVD in the United Kingdom by Acorn Media UK on 8 September 2008.
- Tony Scott (31 July 1992). "Review: 'To Be the Best Parts I & II'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- "To Be the Best". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "Barbara Taylor Bradford's To Be the Best". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "Barbara Taylor Bradford: To Be the Best". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-04-17.