Tim Pierce (born 1959 in Albuquerque) is an American session guitarist. He has worked for artists such as Crowded House, Goo Goo Dolls, Michael Jackson, Roger Waters, Alice Cooper, Johnny Hallyday, Phil Collins and The Cheetah Girls.
|Born||1959 (age 61–62)|
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop, metal|
Pierce's parents were not musicians, although his father used to play the trumpet in his youth, which Pierce did not know. He first tasted mainstream success in the early 1980s, when he began recording with Rick Springfield, who was emerging as one of rock's biggest stars with his hit "Jessie's Girl". In addition to playing on the studio recordings that followed, he also joined Springfield's touring band throughout the 1980s and appears in several of Springfield's music videos from the era.
He has played on many hit songs including contributing second guitar parts on Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over", mandolins and slide guitar on Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris", and a rhythm guitar part during the bridge of Michael Jackson' "Black or White", which was inspired by the work of Mötley Crüe. as well as almost all guitar parts on the original recording of "Runaway" by Bon Jovi.
Pierce has released a solo album, Guitarland, in 1995, on PRA Records.
- Obrecht, Jas (13 June 2013). "Tim Pierce: The Guitarist with the Golden Touch". PureGuitar.com. Archived from the original on June 30, 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Roger Waters Amused to Death". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
Release Date September 1, 1992
- Viglione, Joe. "Alice Cooper: Dragontown". ArtistDirect.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
CD Release 10/24/2001
- "The new Johnny Hallyday studio album planned for November 2014". metronews.fr/ (in French). MetroNews. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
We also find several American musicians like saxophonist Dave McMurray or guitarists Dean Parks and Tim Pierce and American choristers.
- "Phil Collins Testify". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
Release Date November 12, 2002
- "Tim Pierce: Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Tim Pierce Interviews Rick". RickSpringfield.com. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Bon Jovi I Runaway I Guitar Solo Lesson I Steve Stine I Tim Pierce". 5 January 2019.
- "Tim Pierce: Guitarland". ArtistsDirect.com. Retrieved 8 August 2014.