Tim O'Connor (actor)
Timothy Joseph O'Connor (July 3, 1927 – April 5, 2018) was an American character actor known for his prolific work in television, although he made only a few appearances after the early 1990s. Before moving to California, he lived on an island in the middle of Glen Wild Lake, located in Bloomingdale, New Jersey, 30 miles from Manhattan. O'Connor specialized in playing officials, military men, and police officers.
O'Connor as Elliot Carson in Peyton Place
Timothy Joseph O'Connor
July 3, 1927
|Died||April 5, 2018 (aged 90)|
Nevada City, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
Some of O'Connor's best-known roles include: Dr. Elias Huer in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Jack Boland in General Hospital, and Elliot Carson in Peyton Place. He also had recurring roles on Barnaby Jones and Dynasty and made several appearances on Cannon.
He was a director for The Foothill Theater Company in Nevada City, California, before it closed. O'Connor starred in the 2011 film Dreams Awake (with Buck Rogers in the 25th Century co-star Erin Gray).
O'Connor died of cancer at his home in Nevada City, California, at the age of 90.
- Master Minds (1949) – Hoskins Boy (uncredited)
- Gunsmoke (1964-1972, TV Series) – Gideon / Arnie Sprague / Kip Gilman
- The Twilight Zone (1963, TV Series, Episode: "On Thursday We Leave for Home) – Colonel Sloane
- The Outer Limits (1964, TV Series, Episode: "Moonstone" and "Soldier") - Major Clint Anderson / Paul Tanner
- Incident In San Francisco (1971) – Arthur Andrews
- The Failing of Raymond (1971) – Cliff Roeder
- Wild in the Sky (1972) – Sen. Bob Recker
- The Groundstar Conspiracy (1972) – Frank Gossage
- The Streets of San Francisco (1972-1977, TV Series) - Lt. Roy Devitt, SFPD / Frank Maguire
- Across 110th Street (1972) – Lt. Hartnett
- Columbo (1972, TV Series, Episode: "Double Shock") – Michael Hathaway
- Sssssss (1973) – Kogen
- Columbo (1976, TV Series, Episode: "Old Fashioned Murder") – Edward Lytton
- Wonder Woman (1977, TV Series) – Andros
- Wheels (1978, TV miniseries) – Hub Hewitson
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979-1981, TV Series, second male lead) – Dr. Elias Huer
- Vegas (1981, TV Series, Episode: "Nightmare Come True") – Michael Pierce
- The Dukes of Hazzard (1982, TV Series) – Mr. Thackery
- Matt Houston (1983, TV Series, Episode: "Fear for Tomorrow") – Dr. Elias Baker
- Knight Rider (1983, TV series, Episode: "Brother's Keeper") – Phillip Hunt
- The A-Team (1984, TV series, Episode: "Semi-Friendly Persuasion") – Karl Peerson
- La Cruz de Iberia (1990) – Block
- The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991) – Donald Fenswick
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1992, TV Series, Episode: "The Perfect Mate") – Ambassador Briam
- Walker Texas Ranger (1995, TV Series) – Russell Stanley
- Dreams Awake (2011) – Ambrose (final film role)
- Johnson, Erskine (December 3, 1966). "Tim O'Connor Of Peyton Place Is Big Surprise". North Adams Transcript. p. 14. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "Obituary of Timothy J. O'Connor". The Union. April 11, 2018.
- Barnes, Mike (April 12, 2018). "Tim O'Connor, Star on 'Peyton Place' and 'Buck Rogers,' Dies at 90". The Hollywood Reporter. ISSN 0018-3660.
- Slotnik, Daniel E. (April 13, 2018). "Tim O'Connor, Complex Resident of 'Peyton Place,' Dies at 90". The New York Times. p. A26.