Thompsons Solicitors, formerly Robin Thompson & Partners, is a large firm of solicitors founded in 1921 with longstanding links to the trade union movement. It is 45th on the list of largest United Kingdom-based law firms. It specialises in personal injury claims and only acts for claimants.
It moved its Birmingham offices to Embassy House in Church Street in April 2017.
Its was named Scotland's Law Firm of the Year at the 2011 Scottish Legal Awards.
The Black Solicitors Network’s Diversity League Table in 2009 found the firm had the largest proportion of women and lawyers from an ethnic minority background of the top 100 firms in the UK.
Numerous Labour Party politicians have worked for the firm, including Mick Antoniw, Jo Stevens, Vicky Phillips, Vaughan Gething, Rob Marris and Andy McDonald. Lord John Monks is a non executive director of the firm.
It has been involved in many leading cases, especially in relation to UK labour law, including Williams v Compair Maxam Ltd and personal injuries. In the case of Ian Paterson it secured compensation totalling £1,987,000 for 89 NHS patients treated by Mr Paterson at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust and is acting for 350 patients treated privately at Spire Healthcare.
- "About Thmpsons". Thompsons. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Law firm finds new Birmingham home". Birmingham Post. 28 April 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Frank Maguire profile - Working people need a voice". Insider. 28 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Thompsons Solicitors crowned most diverse in BSN's latest league table". The Lawyer. 17 December 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Medical negligence law firm instrumental in uncovering extent of Paterson's malpractice welcomes verdict". Solihull Observer. 28 April 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Those killed in the workplace or due to work remembered at Workers' Memorial Services". Grimsby Telegraph. 28 April 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2017.