Thomas Karlsson (born 1972) is a Swedish occultist and esoteric author, with a PhD in the History of Religions from the Stockholm University. In 2007, he held the first Swedish university course in Western Esotericism.
In 1989, he and six other magicians founded Dragon Rouge, a Left-Hand Path initiatory organisation and a Draconian Tradition Order, led by Karlsson. As a book author, he concentrates on occult, philosophy, and paranormal topics. The Dragon Rouge website cites Carlos Castaneda, Julius Evola, and Kenneth Grant as some of the magical writers whose work is read by the order, as are texts by classical philosophers such as Herakleitos, Plato, and Plotinos, as well as modern philosophers like Friedrich Nietzsche, Martin Heidegger, and Henri Bergson. Karlsson is also associated with metal bands Therion and Shadowseeds. His personal influences include Sumerian mythology, alchemy, tantra, the Goetia, and the Qliphoth. In an interview dated in 2003, he claims he experienced astral projections as a child, but did not think of them as supernatural experiences until he started formally exploring the occult.
Karlsson was also the lyricist of symphonic metal band Therion, and wrote almost all the band's lyrics between 1996 and 2010. He also provided the whispers on the Therion song Ljusalfheim on their Secret of the Runes album. Nevertheless, Karlsson was never regarded as an official band member.
Karlsson was the lead vocalist of the symphonic death metal band Shadowseeds along with fellow Dragon Rouge member Tommie Eriksson, who also was working with Therion as a session guitarist and drummer in the 90's. The lyrics reflect the Order's teachings and rituals. The band is currently on hiatus.
- Uthark - Nightside of the Runes (ISBN 91-974102-1-7).
- Kabbala, Kliffot och den Goetiska Magin (ISBN 91-974102-2-5)
- a.k.a. Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic (English title, ISBN 978-0-9721820-1-0)
- a.k.a. La Kabbala e la magia goetica (Italian title, ISBN 978-88-7169-213-5)
- a.k.a. Kabbalah, Qliphoth und die Goetische Magie (German title, ISBN 978-3-939459-10-1)
- a.k.a. Qabale, Qliphoth et magie goétique (French title, ISBN 979-10-94880-07-4)
- a.k.a. Qábalah, Qlífot y Magia Goética (Spanish title)
- Astrala resor ut ur kroppen (ISBN 91-7894-005-2)
- Adulrunan och den Götiska Kabbalan (ISBN 91-974102-3-3)
- Götisk kabbala och runisk alkemi. Johannes Bureus och den götiska esoterismen (ISBN 978-91-628-8030-9) — Doctoral thesis, Stockholm University, 2010
- Bland Mystiker och Magiker i Förorten (ISBN 978-91-974102-7-4)