Thomas Cobb (author)
Life and careerEdit
Raised in Tucson, Arizona, Cobb acquired an MFA from the University of Arizona. He earned a PhD from the University of Houston, where he studied fiction writing with Donald Barthelme. Barthelme also advised him on the writing of Crazy Heart.
Cobb has taught at Eastern Arizona College and in the Arizona State Prison System. Since 1987, he has been a member of the faculty of Rhode Island College and is Professor of English and Director of Performing & Fine Arts Commission. He teaches fiction writing and literature and was the director of the program from 1987 to 2005. In 2010, he received the Rhode Island College Alumni Faculty Award.
- Crazy Heart (1987)
- Shavetail (2009)
- With Blood in Their Eyes (2012)
- Darkness the Color of Snow (2015)
- Acts of Contrition (2003)
- Cobb, Thomas (1987). Crazy heart. San Francisco: Harper & Row. ISBN 0-06-015803-4.
- Janusonis, Michael (2010-03-07). "'WJL31with R.I. ties, takes 2 Academy Awards". projo.com - The Providence Journal. The Providence Journal Co. Archived from the original on 2010-03-15. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- WGAW (2010-01-11). "2010 Writers Guild Awards Screen Nominees Announced". Writers Guild of America, West. Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Personal Site". Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "RIC Faculty Site". Rhode Island College. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "The Reading Life: Jeff Bridges and ‘Crazy Heart’: Channeling Donald Barthelme?" The New York Times. January 29, 2010. Retrieved on July 31, 2010.
- Rourke, Bryan (2009-11-22). "Foster author's 'Crazy Heart' gets reprint now that movie is on the way". The Providence Journal. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Thomas Cobb - Alumni Faculty Award". Rhode Island College. 2010-05-17. Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Alumni Awards & Honor Roll". Rhode Island College. 2010-05-17. Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- Thomas Cobb's website (Accessed 26th September 2010)