Things That Lovers Do
Things That Lovers Do is a collaborative studio album by American recording artists Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore, released on February 11, 2003, through Arista Records. The album includes covers of classic 1970's and 1980's soul duets by singers Karyn White and Babyface, Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and more. The album was preceded by two singles — "Loveable (From Your Head To Your Toes)" and "You Don't Have To Cry".
|Things That Lovers Do|
|Studio album by Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore|
|Released||February 11, 2003|
|Producer||Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, James Poyser, Daryl Simmons, Richard Jon Smith, Junius Bervine, Jamey Jaz|
|Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore chronology|
|Kenny Lattimore chronology|
|Chanté Moore chronology|
|Singles from Things That Lovers Do|
Background and releaseEdit
|“||With the release of this gorgeously produced album of duets from R&B singers and real-life couple Kenny Lattimore and Chanté Moore, pure romance receives its ultimate soundtrack. Two things make the collection distinct: the pair's innovative choice of songs, and the album's sequence, which follows a narrative arc of flirting, dating, sex, love, marriage, honeymoon, and the aftermath.||”|
|— Kim Hughes, Amazon.com (EDITORIAL REVIEW)|
The two took an unorthodox route to promoting their album by mounting a full stage show also titled Things That Lovers Do. The play toured through Richmond, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington, DC, and Detroit from January 2003 through March 2003. Also starring in the play were comedian/actress Kym Whitley and actor Clifton Powell who plays a less-than-deserving fiance to Chante's character. The play was directed and staged by Tony Award-winner George Faison.
The album artwork bears a "warning" on the back stating that the CD "may cause pregnancy," making reference to the fact that Chante became pregnant with the couple's first child during the recording of the album. In the music video for the single "You Don't Have To Cry," both Lattimore and Moore appear to sing in separate shots. The end of the clip reveals that both are against an adjacent wall as the camera pans down to discover Moore's prominently showing stomach. Shortly after the release of the album and close of the stage play, she gave birth to a son named Kenneth Lattimore Jr. at 9 pounds and 20 inches long in Los Angeles, CA. Kenneth Jr. was born on April 10, 2003, the same date as his father's birthday.
Allmusic gave the album a positive review with a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 stating "When an album bears the legend "WARNING! This project may cause pregnancy!," it better contain some serious lovemaking grooves. THINGS THAT LOVERS DO luckily lives up to its claims, delivering an old-school-inspired slice of sweet slow-jam music that sounds like it could inspire more action than Barry White's waterbed."
|Things That Lovers Do|
|1.||"Things That Lovers Do"||
|2.||"You Don't Have To Cry"||
|3.||"With You I'm Born Again"||
|4.||"Love Saw It"||
|5.||"Loveable (From Hour Head to Your Toes)"||
|6.||"You're All I Need To Get By"||
|7.||"When I Said I Do"||Clint Black||4:54|
|8.||"Close The Door"||
|9.||"Here We Go"||
|10.||"Is It Still Good To You"||
|11.||"Make It Last Forever"||
- "Things That Lovers Do by Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore on Apple Music". iTunes (U.S. Store). Retrieved 11 February 2003.
- "Kenny Latimore Billboard Chart History Hot 200 Albums Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart March 1, 2003". Billboard. Retrieved 1 March 2003.
- "Sensual Couple Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore Set to Launch Romantic Set Things That Lovers Do". Business Week. January 15, 2003.
- Kim Hughes. "Kenny Lattimore & Chante Mooré: Things That Lovers Do (Editorial Review)". Amazon.com.
- Lawrence Van Gelder (February 1, 2003). "THEATER REVIEW; A Musical Love Fest for Two". New York Times.
- "Chante Moore & Kenny Lattimore: celebrate their love with new album and play, `Things That Lovers Do' - Interview - Cover Story". Jet Magazine. February 24, 2003.
- "Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore have a son, Kenny Jr - Celebrities". Jet Magazine. April 28, 2003.
- "Things That Lovers Do, Kenny Lattimore, Chanté Moore Songs, Reviews, Credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore – Loveable (from your head to your toes) (CD)". Discogs. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore – Loveable (From Your Head To Your Toes)/ Make It Last Forever". Discogs. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore – You Don't Have To Cry". Discogs. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore, Chanté Moore - You Don't Have To Cry". YouTube. Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chanté Moore - Things That Lovers Do (CD)". Discogs. Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Kenny Lattimore & Chante Moore Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved 28 November 2017.