The Workshop (film)
|Directed by||Laurent Cantet|
|Written by||Laurent Cantet|
|Budget||$4 million |
|Box office||$958.000 |
Olivia, a well-known Parisian novelist, runs a writing workshop with a group of young people in La Ciotat, in the South of France. She is particularly intrigued by Antoine, a taciturn and not very sociable, young man. Antoine makes writing proposals that others consider shocking, and becomes the "black sheep" of the group. Olivia and Antoine, who seeks escape from his daily life by immersing himself in an extreme right-wing ideology, develop a relationship that is marked by attraction and repulsion.
- Marina Foïs as Olivia
- Matthieu Lucci as Antoine
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 86% based on 35 reviews, with a weighted average rating of 7.4/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 76 out of 100, based on 11 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "L\'Atelier (The Workshop) (2017) - JPBox-Office". jpbox-office.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "The Workshop (2018) - International Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "The 2017 Official Selection". Cannes Film Festival. 13 April 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- Winfrey, Graham (13 April 2017). "2017 Cannes Film Festival Announces Lineup: Todd Haynes, Sofia Coppola, 'Twin Peaks' and More". IndieWire. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- "The Workshop (L'atelier) (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "The Workshop Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 6 April 2018.