The Wonder of You (The Sandpipers album)
The Wonder of You was an LP album featuring The Sandpipers, released by A&M Records in May 1969 with catalog number SP 4180. The album was released by A&M in the United Kingdom with the title Kumbaya and catalog number AMLS 935. Other international releases included Australia (World Record Club R02377, different cover), Canada (A&M SP-4180), Germany (A&M 212 066), and Mexico (A&M AML/S-1024, titled La Maravilloso De Ti).
|The Wonder of You|
|Studio album by |
|Label||A&M SP 4180 (United States)/AMLS 935 (UK)|
|The Sandpipers chronology|
- This album, with the persuasive rhythm of the Sandpipers' singing, is definitive of easy listening at its best. The popular trio's material is no small part of the LP's success, and includes their current single, "The Wonder of You," their not to be imitated version of "Let Go," the Oscar-winning "Windmills of Your Mind," and the much recorded "Yellow Days." Credit producer Allen Stanton and arranger Nick DeCaro for a job very well done.
- Breeze over a sand dune, the faint perfume of grass, fading light. The music of the Sandpipers floats up from South America much of the time and is irresistible. One of the best tunes here is "Let Go." Others are "That Night," "If I Were the Man."
- "Let Go" (Norman Gimbel/Baden Powell) 3:21
- "That Night (Theme from The Fox)" (Norman Gimbel/Lalo Schifrin) 3:12
- "Wave" (Antonio Carlos Jobim) 2:32
- "Yellow Days" (Alan Bernstein/Álvaro Carrillo) 3:03
- "Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero (The More I Love You)" (Herrero/Ornelas/Ibarra) 3:08
- "Pretty Flamingo" (Mark Barkan) 2:38