The Walls Group
The Walls Group is an American urban contemporary gospel group signed to RCA Records. The group consists of four siblings, two sisters, Rhea Walls and Ahjah Walls, and two brothers, Darrel Walls and Alic "Paco" Walls. In 2012, the group broke through on the Billboard charts with their album The Walls Group that was released on June 11, 2012. On September 2, 2014, they released their debut studio album, Fast Forward, with RCA Records and Fo Yo Soul Recordings, and it charted on the Billboard 200.
The Walls Group
|Genres||Contemporary Christian music, Christian R&B, urban contemporary gospel, contemporary R&B, PBR&B, traditional black gospel, Jazz, Soul|
|Labels||My Block, RCA, Fo Yo Soul, Wall2Wall|
Alic "Paco" Walls
The Houston, Texas-based urban contemporary gospel quartet, The Walls Group, started in 2009. It is made up of four siblings, from oldest to youngest: Darrel McGlothen Walls, Rhea Walls, Alic (Paco) Walls, and Ahjah Walls.
The quartet released The Walls Group, with Wall2Wall Entertainment, on June 11, 2012, and the album charted on the Billboard Top Gospel Albums chart at No. 29. This caught the attention of Kirk Franklin, who signed them to Fo Yo Soul Recordings in association with RCA Records, and they released their first studio album on September 2, 2014, Fast Forward. The album charted on the Billboard 200 chart at No. 39, and at the No. 1 spot on the Top Gospel Albums chart. This album got two four star out of five reviews from AllMusic's Andy Kellman and Dwayne Lacy of New Release Tuesday, and Daniel Cody of Wade-O Radio says "It's not stale, it's not boring, it's not repetitive, but it is an exciting and fresh album." The group was nominated for Best Gospel Performance/Song at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards, for their song "Love on the Radio". The quartet is nominated at the 30th Stellar Awards in the following categories: Artist of the Year, Group/Duo of the Year, CD of the Year, the Contemporary Group/Duo of the Year, Contemporary CD of the Year, and Music Video of the Year. In the beginning of 2019, it was publicly announced that The Walls Group had signed to Warryn Campbell's "My Block," record label along with many other artist. 
- Darrel Walls - tenor
- Rhea Walls - soprano
- Alic "Paco" Walls - baritone
- Ahjah Walls - alto
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|The Other Side||6|
- The Walls Group (June 11, 2012). "The Walls Group: The Walls Group". Wall2Wall Entertainment. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Billboard. "The Walls Group: Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- The Walls Group (September 2, 2014). "The Walls Group: Fast Forward". RCA Records and Fo Yo Soul Recordings. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Kellman, Andy. "Fast Forward – The Walls Group". AllMusic. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Lacy, Dwayne (September 15, 2014). "Multi-Generational Appeal". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Cody, Daniel (September 16, 2014). "Album Review: The Walls Group – Fast Forward". Wade-O Radio. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Stellar Awards. "2015 N0MINEES: 30th Stellar Awards". Central City Productions. Archived from the original on October 15, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "The Walls Group Signs To Warryn Campbell's "My Block" Record Label". Get Up Mornings. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- "The Walls Group - Chart History : Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- "The Walls Group - Chart History : Gospel Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 8, 2015.