The Third Degree is a 1926 silent romance film produced and distributed by Warner Bros. and directed by Michael Curtiz, in his first American film, based on the hit 1909 play of the same name written by Charles Klein and starring Helen Ware.
|The Third Degree|
|Directed by||Michael Curtiz|
|Written by||Graham Baker (scenario)|
|Based on||play by Charles Klein|
|Edited by||Clarence Kolster|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Languages||Silent (English intertitles)|
Vitaphone sound effects and score
- Dolores Costello as Annie Daly
- Louise Dresser as Alicia Daly
- Rockliffe Fellowes as Underwood
- Jason Robards Sr. as Howard Jeffries Jr.
- Kate Price as Mrs. Chubb
- Tom Santschi as Daredevil Daley
- Harry Todd as Mr. Chubb
- Mary Louise Miller as Annie as a baby
- Michael Vavitch as Clinton, Chief of Detectives
- David Torrence as Howard Jeffries Sr.
- Fred Kelsey as Assistant Chief of Detectives
According to Warner Bros records the film earned $269,000 domestically and $144,000 foreign.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1-31 p 5 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- "Michael Curtiz: biography". TCM Archive Materials. Turner Classic Movies. Archived from the original on September 6, 2014. Retrieved June 6, 2014.
- The Third Degree, by Charles Klein, as produced on Broadway at the Hudson Theatre, February 1, 1909 – June 1909; IBDb.com
- Catalog of Holdings, the American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection at the Library of Congress p.182 c.1978 by the American Film Institute
- The Third Degree at silentera.com database
- The American Film Institute Catalog Feature Films: 1921-30 by The American Film Institute, c.1971
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films:The Third Degree
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Films Survival Catalog: The Third Degree
- Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research, Feature Film Database:The Third Degree
- The Third Degree at IMDb
- The Third Degree at AllMovie
- lantern slide to The Third Degree
- period advertisement