The Real World: Stockholm was the first reality television show to be broadcast on Swedish television. Based on the successful American TV show The Real World, the show premiered on 1 October 1995 on TV1000. Following the show's success, The Real World: Visby aired in 1996, but it became the last Real World season in Sweden following poor ratings. 
The Real World: Visby was broadcast on TV1000 and ZTV in late 1996. It served as second season of the show after the success of The Real World: Stockholm. It was the last Swedish season as the ratings dropped too low. 
- "Tjuvtittar-TV ny trend. Ungt liv i "The Real World Stockholm"". Dagens Nyheter. 16 November 1995. Retrieved 28 May 2022.
- "Det privata rummet krymper Såpan tar över | Journalisten". journalisten.se. Retrieved 28 May 2022.
- ""The Real World" från Visby". Dagens Nyheter. 8 September 1996. Retrieved 28 May 2022.
- Eriksson, Göran; Camauër, Leonor; Lakew, Yuliya (1 November 2017). "Ordinary People on Television: A longitudinal study of Swedish Television, 1982–2011". Nordicom Review. 38 (2): 117. doi:10.1515/nor-2017-0392.
- Andersson, Madeleine, Upplevd realism i dokusåpans verklighet: En studie om hyperrealitet i Expedition: Robinson, Högskolan i Halmstad