The Prehistoric Society
Now based at University College London in the United Kingdom, it was founded by V. Gordon Childe, Stuart Piggott and Grahame Clark in 1935 but also traces its founding to the earlier Prehistoric Society of East Anglia which began in 1908. The society is a registered charity under English law.
Membership is by subscription and includes the annual journal, Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society ISSN 0079-497X (Print), ISSN 2050-2729 (Online), which continues Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society of East Anglia (1911-1934) ISSN 0958-8418 (Print), and bulletins from the newsletter, PAST, which is published in April, July and November. It also organises regular conferences, lectures and other events and makes grants for archaeological research.
- Smith, Pamela Jane (2009). A "splendid idiosyncrasy": prehistory at Cambridge 1915-50. Archaeopress. p. 59. ISBN 978-1-4073-0430-4.
- Clark, Grahame (1989). Prehistory at Cambridge and beyond. Cambridge University Press. p. 35. ISBN 978-0-521-35031-0.
- "About". University College London / The Prehistoric Society. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- Charity Commission. THE PREHISTORIC SOCIETY, registered charity no. 1000567.
- "Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society". Cambridge Core. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- "Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society of East Anglia". Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society, Cambridge Core. Retrieved April 18, 2018.