The Pigeon (1969 film)
|Written by||Edward J. Lakso|
|Directed by||Earl Bellamy|
|Starring||Sammy Davis Jr.|
|Music by||Bill May|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Aaron Spelling|
|Cinematography||Henry Cronjager Jr.|
|Running time||74 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Spelling/Thomas Productions|
|Original release||November 4, 1969|
A private eye is hired to protect a young girl.
- Sammy Davis Jr. as Larry Miller
- Dorothy Malone as Elaine Hagen
- Victoria Vetri as Barbara Hagen
- Ricardo Montalbán as John Stambler / Kane
- Pat Boone as Dave Williams
- Roy Glenn as Lieutenant Frank Miller
- Patsy Kelly as Mrs. Macready, the Landlady
- Norman Alden as Carl, the First Thug
- Bennie E. Dobbins as Eddie, the Second Thug (as Bernie Dobbins)
- Bill Quinn as Doctor
- Judith Jordan as Sarah
- Francis De Sales as Caine
Boone says he was surprised to be offered a role in the film.
Davis was unsatisfied with the movie saying "let's say I hit a triple when I was going for a homer... We played him [my character] a little too straight." However no series resulted.
- Holding Brief for 'Young Lawyers' Los Angeles Times 31 Oct 1969: g17.
- Vagg, Stephen (10 September 2019). "The Surprisingly Interesting Cinema of Pat Boone". Diabolique Magazine.
- TV acting suits sammy jr. best. (1969, Nov 04). Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/156383944