The Other ANZACs
The Other ANZACs: Nurses at War 1914-1918 is a 2008 history book by Peter Rees. It is about the involvement of Australian and New Zealand nurses overseas during World War I, especially at Gallipoli and the Western Front. It is the basis for the 2014 ABC television series ANZAC Girls.
|Subject||Military history, World War I|
|Published||2008 (Allen & Unwin)|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
To tie in with the television series it was reissued in 2014 under the title ANZAC Girls.
- Author's note
- The Marquette
- The Western Front
- Australian World War I nurses honour roll
- New Zealand World War I nurses honour roll
A review on H-Net of The Other ANZACs called it "a wonderful book", and a reviewer for The Sydney Morning Herald found it a "profoundly moving book" that "tells an unforgettable story of the courage of Australian and New Zealand nurses in World War I."
- Katherine Burger Johnson (November 2010). "Nurses from Down Under go to the Front in World War I". h-net.org. H-Net Humanities and Social Sciences Online. Retrieved 10 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Robert Wilson (12 September 2014). "Book Review: Anzac Girls, By Peter Rees". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 10 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "ACT Book of the Year 2009". library.act.gov.au. ACT Government. Retrieved 10 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Eleanor Robertson (21 April 2015). "Anzac Girls: a TV history of Gallipoli that focuses on women". theguardian.com. The Guardian. Retrieved 10 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)