The Most Wonderful Moment
|The Most Wonderful Moment|
|Directed by||Luciano Emmer|
|Written by||Sergio Amidei|
|Produced by||Giorgio Agliani|
|Edited by||Jolanda Benvenuti|
|Music by||Nino Rota|
This drama deals with natural childbirth, and was described as "clinically pure, informative, edifying and, on occasion, tenderly dramatic". Pietro is in love with a nurse; they keep their affair secret until she falls pregnant. Worried that marriage will affect his career, she prepares for the upcoming childbirth.
- Marcello Mastroianni - Pietro Valeri
- Giovanna Ralli - Luisa Morelli
- Marisa Merlini - Margherita Rosati
- Bice Valori - Carla
- Memmo Carotenuto - Ticket collector
- Ernesto Calindri - Director of clinic
- Riccardo Garrone - Dr. Benvenuti
- Emilio Cigoli - Morelli
- Giuliano Montaldo - Don Grazini
- Sergio Bergonzelli - Mister Mancini
- Vittorio André - Prof. Grimaldi (as Victor André)
- Clara Bindi - Matilde Fontana
- Edda Soligo - Head of home
- "NY Times: The Most Wonderful Moment". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. 2012. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2009.
- Weiler, A. H. (1 June 1959). "Movie Review - Il Momento Piu Bello - Screen: Natural Birth; The Most Wonderful Moment' Bows - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 21 March 2009.