|The Magic Shoes|
|Directed by||Prachya Pinkaew|
|Produced by||Nisit Koonphon|
|Edited by||Prachya Pinkaew|
|Music by||Mongkolpat Thongrueang|
|Distributed by||RS Promotion|
The film tells the story of Touch, a young man who loves dance. One day, he possessed a pair of sneakers that had the super power created by lightning. They made him a fiery dancer overnight.
- Touch Na Takuathung as Touch (main character)
- Watsana Phunphon as Ann (Touch love interest)
- Boriboon Chanrueng as Tuk (Touch younger brother)
- Jaturong Kolimart as X (Touch main dancer rival and younger brother of Duke)
- Panudej Wattanasuchart as Duke (influential millionaire and lover of Ann – cameo)
The film is based on the fame and popularity of Touch Na Takuathung, a pop dance star of RS Promotion in 1990s. Considered as Prachya Pinkaew's debut film before becoming world famous with martial arts film Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior in 2003.
It is also the first film produced and distributed by RS Promotion (before the establishment of RS Film), and the debut of some performers, such as Boriboon Chanrueng, Watsana Phunphon and Jaturong Kolimart from the boyband Hijack.
Its Thai title "Rawng tah laep plaep" is slang that probably means "flashing shoes".
|The Magic Shoes|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||April 1, 1992|
|Genre||Pop dance, soundtrack|
The film's soundtracks were composed and produced by Mongkolpat Thongrueang, a key producer of RS Promotion and Na Takuathung's trusted producer, assist by Thanapol Intharit, another key personnel of RS label.
|2.||"Yark Roo Kwam Jing ("want to know the truth")"||3:53|
|3.||"Done Joo Jome ("attacked")"||4:20|
|4.||"Phitwang Lae Kamlangchai" ("disappointment and encouragement")" (backing track)||4:11|
|5.||"Mhod Jai ("be depressed")"||4:01|
|6.||"Koet Ma Phuea Thoe ("born for you")" (performed by Watsana Phunphon)||3:47|
|7.||"Mai Luea Arai lk ("nothing left")"||3:57|
|8.||"SU ("fight")" (RE-MIX)||5:38|
- ""ทัช ณ ตะกั่วทุ่ง" โพสต์ภาพคู่ "แอน วาสนา" ทำหวนอดีต "รองต๊ะแล่บแปล๊บ" แป๊บเดียว 30 ปีแล้ว" ["Touch Na Takuathung" posted a couple of pictures with "Ann Wassana" making a flashback to the past "The Magic Shoes" just a moment, 30 years]. ASTV Manager (in Thai). 2022-03-30. Retrieved 2022-04-11.
- "รองต๊ะแล่บแปล๊บ" [The Magic Shoes]. Film Archive (Public Organization) (in Thai).
- Thara, Sutkhet (2018-07-11). "ทัช ณ ตะกั่วทุ่ง - อัลบั้ม รองต๊ะแล่บแปล๊บ" [Touch Na Takuathung - album The Magic Shoes]. YouTube (in Thai). Retrieved 2022-04-11.