The Lone Rider in Cheyenne
The Lone Rider in Cheyenne is a 1942 American Western film directed by Sam Newfield and written by Oliver Drake and Elizabeth Beecher. The film stars George Houston as the Lone Rider, Al St. John as his sidekick "Fuzzy" Jones, and Dennis Moore as Sheriff Smoky Moore, with Ella Neal, Roy Barcroft and Kenne Duncan. The film was released on March 20, 1942, by Producers Releasing Corporation.
|The Lone Rider in Cheyenne|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
|Screenplay by||Oliver Drake|
|Produced by||Sigmund Neufeld|
Al St. John
|Edited by||Holbrook N. Todd|
Sigmund Neufeld Productions
|Distributed by||Producers Releasing Corporation|
Smoky Moore is riding to Cheyenne to see his stepfather Bill Hastings, whom he has not seen in fifteen years. His father is the town sheriff. Smoky witnesses Dan Blodgett, the town's mayor and Mort Saunders, head of the Cattleman's Association, robbing the bank at night. During the robbery, a guard is killed, and Smoky somehow winds up getting arrested for both the robbery and the murder! Tom Cameron (The Lone Rider) and his faithful sidekick Fuzzy Jones break their pal Smoky out of the prison, and weeks later, the three of them sneak back into town disguised, and attempt to expose the so-called good upstanding citizens who were really responsible for the crimes.
- George Houston as Tom Cameron, the Lone Rider
- Al St. John as Fuzzy Jones
- Dennis Moore as Smoky Moore
- Ella Neal as Betty Tolliver
- Roy Barcroft as Mort Saunders, head of the cattleman's union
- Karl Hackett as Mayor Dan Blodgett
- Jack Holmes as Sheriff Bill Hastings
- Kenne Duncan as Walt, the deputy
- Lynton Brent as henchman Dirk Larkin
- Jack Ingram as henchman Jed Saunders
- George Chesebro as henchman Pete Haynes
- Milton Kibbee as Joe Carson
The "Lone Rider" films starring George Houston (actor):
- The Lone Rider Rides On (1941)
- The Lone Rider Crosses the Rio (1941)
- The Lone Rider in Ghost Town (1941)
- The Lone Rider in Frontier Fury (1941)
- The Lone Rider Ambushed (1941)
- The Lone Rider Fights Back (1941)
- The Lone Rider and the Bandit (1942)
- The Lone Rider in Cheyenne (1942)
- The Lone Rider in Texas Justice (1942)
- Border Roundup (1942)
- Outlaws of Boulder Pass (1942)
The "Lone Rider" films starring Robert Livingston (actor):
- "The Lone Rider in Cheyenne (1942) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- Daniel Gelb. "The Lone Rider in Cheyenne (1942) - Sam Newfield, Sigmund Neufeld". AllMovie. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "The Lone Rider in Cheyenne". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2019-12-07.