The Key Word and Other Mysteries
The Key Word and Other Mysteries is a collection of mystery short stories by American author Isaac Asimov, featuring his boy detective Larry. The book was illustrated by Rod Burke. It was first published in hardcover by Walker & Company in 1977, and in paperback by Avon Books in 1979. A British edition illustrated by Geoff Taylor and adding one additional story was issued by Pan Books in 1982.
|Cover artist||Rod Burke|
|Publisher||Walker & Company|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|Followed by||The Disappearing Man and Other Mysteries|
The book contains five stories by Asimov (six in the British edition). Most were reprinted from magazines, but one was written for the book.
- "The Key Word" (first appeared in this book)
- "Santa Claus Gets a Coin" (Boys' Life, December 1975)
- "Sarah Tops" (Boys' Life, February 1975)
- "The Thirteenth Day of Christmas" (Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, July 1977)
- "A Case of Need" (Young World Magazine, October 1975)
- "The Disappearing Man" (British edition only) (Boys' Life, June 1978)