The House of Lies (1926 film)
The House of Lies (German: Das Haus der Lüge) is a 1926 German silent drama film directed by Lupu Pick and starring Werner Krauss, Mary Johnson and Lucie Höflich. It is an adaptation of Ibsen's 1884 play The Wild Duck. The film's art direction was by Albin Grau.
|The House of Lies|
|Directed by||Lupu Pick|
|Produced by||Lupu Pick|
- Werner Krauss as Hjalmar Ekdal
- Mary Johnson as Hedwig, Helmars Tochter
- Lucie Höflich as Gina, Hjalmars Frau
- Fritz Rasp as Kandidat Molwik
- Paul Henckels as Alter Ekdal
- Walter Janssen as Gregers, Werles Sohn
- Albert Steinrück as Jan Werle
- Agnes Straub as Frau Sörby
- Eduard von Winterstein as Dr. Helling
- Bock & Bergfelder p. 362
- Hans-Michael Bock and Tim Bergfelder. The Concise Cinegraph: An Encyclopedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books.