James A. Owen(Redirected from The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
James A. Owen is an American comic book illustrator, publisher and writer. He is known for his creator-owned comic book series Starchild and as the author of The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica novel series, that began with Here, There Be Dragons in 2006.
|James A. Owen|
|Area(s)||Writer, Artist, Publisher, Letterer|
Here, There Be Dragons
Owen self-published the black-and-white fantasy series Starchild under his Taliesin Press imprint in the 1990s. Adopting the name Coppervale Press for Starchild: Crossroads, he gave up self publishing in 1997 for Starchild: Mythopolis, five issues of which were published by Image Comics. Owen returned to self publishing, compiling a volume of Starchild reprints via a Kickstarter campaign in 2015.
Later, Owen reinvented himself as a novelist, creating a fantasy series titled Mythworld for a German publishing company. The books were later reprinted in the United States by Baen.
In 2003, Coppervale Press relaunched two newsstand style magazines, the fine arts-oriented International Studio and the fiction periodical Argosy, but distribution problems led to both magazines ceasing publication in 2004 after only a few issues of each appeared. In 2009, a satirical short story by Jeff VanDermeer entitled "Errata" about Argosy and its demise was published by Tor Books.
Owen later became a novelist, and in 2006 published Here, There Be Dragons, the first book in The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series. The book is in its sixth hardcover printing, its eighth paperback printing, and is being published around the world in more than twenty languages. The second book, The Search for the Red Dragon, was released in early 2008, closely followed by the third novel, The Indigo King in Fall of 2008. The fourth novel in this series, entitled The Shadow Dragons, was released on October 27, 2009. The fifth novel, The Dragon's Apprentice, was released on October 19, 2010. The sixth novel, The Dragons of Winter, was released on August 28, 2012.
After releasing a non-fiction ebook of personal stories, Drawing Out The Dragons, Coppervale Press, in early 2011, Owen had a successful Kickstarter project which provided funds to create a limited first edition paperback and hard cover, as well as an audio version of the ebook.
Shadow Mountain will release The Meditations trilogy in 2013, which includes a new edition of Drawing Out The Dragons as well as The Barbizon Diaries and The Grand Design. Shadow Mountain is also publishing Owen's five-volume series of illustrated novels, Fool's Hollow, on which he will serve as the primary Art Director.
- Pryderi Terra, Book One: Awakening, 1986.
- 0. Gatherum, 1993.
- 1. Prologue: Markings and The Mad-Eyed Sorcerer, 1992.
- 2. Children of the Storm, 1992.
- 3. That Hideous Strength, 1993.
- 4. The Wild Hunt, 1993.
- 5. Toccata and Fugue, 1994.
- 6. Autumn People, 1994.
- 7. The Old Mill, 1994.
- 8. A Fine Madness, 1994.
- 9. Fool's Game, 1994.
- 10. Spirits in a Material World, 1994.
- 11. Tempest in a Looking Glass, 1994.
- 12. Awakening, 1994.
- Awakenings, 1995 (retelling of the previous Starchild books).
- The Weaver's Tale, 1995.
- The Innkeeper's Tale, 1996.
- The Wanderer's Tale, 1996.
- The Bard's Tale, 1997.
- 0. Prologue, 1997.
- 1. Pinehead, Part 1, 1997
- 2. Pinehead, Part 2, 1997.
- 3. Pinehead, Part 3, 1998.
- 4. Fisher King, Part 1, 1998.
Starchild: Mythopolis IIEdit
- Volume One, 2007.
- Volume Two, 2008,
Kai Meyers Mythenwelt (DE)Edit
- Die ewige Bibliothek, 2002.
- Der unsichtbare Mond, 2003.
- Der zeitlose Winter, 2004.
- Die verschollene Symphonie, 2004.
The Chronicles of the Imaginarium GeographicaEdit
- Here, There Be Dragons, September 2006.
- The Search for the Red Dragon, January 2008.
- The Indigo King, October 2008.
- The Shadow Dragons, October 2009.
- The Dragon's Apprentice, October 2010.
- The Dragons of Winter, August 2012.
- The First Dragon, November 2013.
- Drawing Out The Dragons, Shadow Mountain, February 2013 [2011, Coppervale].
- The Barbizon Diaries, Summer 2013.
- The Grand Design, Fall 2013.
- Volume 1, October 2013.
- "The Wonder Cabinet – How To Write A Series; Part Twelve", Coppervale, Live journal, archived from the original on July 21, 2011.
- Owen, James A (June 30, 2011), The Drawing out the Dragons project, Kickstarter.
- Jones, Ashley. "Bestselling Author James Owen to Publish with Shadow Mountain". Shadow Mountain. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "The First Dragon (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, The)". Retrieved November 14, 2016.