The Brothers: Isley
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Brothers: Isley is the seventh album released by The Isley Brothers on their own T-Neck label on October 18, 1969. After years with other labels and fresh off the success of the It's Our Thing (1969) album, which included the hit title track, "It's Your Thing", the Isley Brothers celebrated their newfound independence by releasing another new album that year with this LP. The album yielded the Billboard Top 40 pop hit, "I Turned You On" and subsequent charters, "Was It Good to You?" and "Black Berries". It was also their second full venture into funk music, a genre they would dominate in the coming years. The album was remastered and expanded for inclusion in the 2015 released CD box set The RCA Victor & T-Neck Album Masters (1959-1983).
|The Brothers: Isley|
|Studio album by|
|Released||October 18, 1969|
|Recorded||A&R Studios (New York City)|
|Producer||The Isley Brothers|
|The Isley Brothers chronology|
|Singles from |
The Brothers: Isley
All tracks are written by Rudolph Isley, O'Kelly Isley and Ronald Isley, except where noted.
|1.||"I Turned You On"||2:34|
|3.||"I Got to Get Myself Together"||Rudolph Isley, O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, George Patterson||3:31|
|4.||"Was It Good to You?"||2:40|
|5.||"The Blacker the Berrie"||5:50|
|1.||"My Little Girl"||3:38|
|2.||"Get Down off of the Train"||3:11|
|4.||"Feels Like the World"||3:21|
- The Isley Brothers
- Ronald Isley – lead vocals
- O'Kelly Isley, Jr. – background vocals; co-lead vocals on "Black Berries"
- Rudolph Isley – background vocals; lead vocals on "I Got to Get Myself Together"
- Ernie Isley – guitars, drums
- Chris Jasper, Everett Collins – piano, keyboards
- Marvin Isley – bass
- Other instrumentation by assorted New York City musicians
- Tony May – engineer
- Hamilton, Andrew. The Isley Brothers - The Brothers: Isley (1969) album review, credits & releases at AllMusic. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- The Isley Brothers - The Brothers: Isley (1969) album album releases & credits at Discogs
- "The Brothers: Isley > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles" at AllMusic. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
- The Isley Brothers - The RCA Victor & T-Neck Album Masters (1959-1983) (2015) 23CD Box Set review by Andy Kellman, credits & releases at AllMusic