The Bath (EP)
The Bath is the first EP released by electronica duo Lemon Jelly, according to the insert of Lemonjelly.ky, on 24 August 1998. It was limited to 1,000 10" copies, the first 200 of which featured hand screen-printed sleeves. The tracks from the EP were later incorporated for more accessible listening into the critically acclaimed Lemonjelly.ky album.
|Released||24 August 1998|
|Lemon Jelly chronology|
From 1998 to 2000, Franglen and Deakin released three limited-circulation EPs (The Bath (1998), The Yellow (1999), and The Midnight (2000)) on their own label Impotent Fury. The EPs were a critical success, and led to the duo being signed to XL Recordings.
- "In the Bath" - 6:41
- "Nervous Tension" - 6:41
- "A Tune for Jack" - 6:45
- "In the Bath" contains an element from "Tahitian Sunset", performed by Bert Kaempfert and his orchestra. Female vocals are by Tricia Pank.
- "Nervous Tension" contains elements from "Dance Till Your Shoes Fall Off Your Feet" and "The Last Thing on My Mind" performed by Nana Mouskouri and from "Relax With Reveen" performed by Peter Reveen.
- "A Tune for Jack" contains elements from "Wichita Lineman" performed by Johnny Pearson for Sounds Orchestral and from "My Baby" performed by Ken Nordine and the Fred Katz Group.
- "LEMON JELLY Lost Horizon". The Milk Factory. Archived from the original on 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- Silverman, David (2002-11-20). "BBC - Music - Review of Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons". BBC. Retrieved 2010-08-21.