The B.S. Report
The B.S. Report was an ESPN podcast, that occasionally touched on mature subjects, hosted by Bill Simmons. It featured interviews with athletes, sports commentators, pop-culture experts and friends of Simmons. The B.S. Report had no fixed publication schedule, however there were generally 2 or 3 episodes posted per week. As of 2009, 'The B.S. Report' was ESPN's most-downloaded podcast, with over 10 million downloads through June.
|Hosted by||Bill Simmons|
|Updates||2-4 per week|
|Original release||May 8, 2007– present|
AVclub.com named The B.S. Report one of the best podcasts of 2010.
The B.S. Report opens with a theme song written and performed by Ronald Jenkees and a voice-over announcement that the podcast "is a free-flowing conversation that occasionally touches on mature subjects." Simmons rarely performs a monologue, but instead holds a conversation with one or more guests for the entire episode.
Most B.S. Report episodes are based on discussions of sports, but occasionally Simmons will have entertainers or pop-culture observers on to talk about entertainment issues of the day, such as Saturday Night Live, reality television, movies and music.
- "ESPNRadio.com - ESPN". Espnradio.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-17. Retrieved 2012-02-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-09. Retrieved 2012-02-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Sports Guy Podcast Music « Ronald Jenkees". Ronaldjenkees.com. 2007-06-14. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- "About Me « Ronald Jenkees". Ronaldjenkees.com. 2007-06-14. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- http://c.espnradio.com/audio/319325/simmons_2010-05-20-114041.mp3[permanent dead link]