The Albany Herald
The Albany Herald is the daily newspaper for metro Albany in the U.S. state of Georgia. It is distributed in metro Albany and in southwest Georgia. The newspaper was founded in 1891. Circulation is 21,701 on weekdays and 24,820 on Sundays.[year missing] Offices for the paper are housed in the historic Rosenberg Brothers Department Store in downtown Albany.
The entrance to the Albany Herald as seen from the intersection of Pine Avenue & Washington Street in Downtown Albany.
|Owner(s)||Southern Community Newspapers, Inc.|
|Sports editor||Ron Seibel|
|Headquarters||126 North Washington St.|
Albany, Georgia, U.S.
|Sister newspapers||Clayton News Daily|
Gwinnett Daily Post
Henry Daily Herald
In 1993, The Herald converted to a morning publication to serve better the needs of southwest Georgia.
In 2005 Gray's newspaper holdings were spun off into a separate company which was named Triple Crown Media. Triple Crown Media changed its name to Southern Community Newspapers Incorporated in 2010.
In May 2017, The Herald switched to a paid subscription website. Full access to The Herald's website is free with the paid subscription to the print newspaper.
The Herald introduced a new weekend edition in October 2017 which is delivered Sunday mornings. The new edition combines the Saturday and Sunday papers, and include more pages, new features and additional color comics.
- "About Us". Albany Herald.
- Newspapers, Cliff Whitt Nationwide. "Albany Georgia's Albany Herald Daily Newspaper - Display Advertising Rates". Nationwide Newspapers Advertising.
- "Gray TV's History".
- "Atlanta-based TV-station operator to spin off newsletter, wireless units". Atlanta Journal-Constitution via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 4 August 2005. Archived from the original on 10 June 2014. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Daily Post's parent company changes name". Gwinnett Daily Post. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Albany Herald to be printed on Florida press". WALB. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Albany Herald print subscribers can register for site use Monday". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)
- "New Herald Weekend launches Oct. 1". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)
- "Morrissey named publisher of Albany Herald". The Albany Herald. Retrieved 2018-06-16. (subscription required)
|This article about a newspaper of the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|