Theódór Elmar Bjarnason
|Full name||Theódór Elmar Bjarnason|
|Date of birth||4 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Central midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 September 2018
Born in Reykjavík, Iceland, Theódor played for KR Reykjavík in Iceland. He also played one season for the reserve team of the Norwegian club IK Start as a 16-year-old, but rejected an offer of a professional contract with them and moved back to Iceland.
Theódór joined Celtic in 2004. He made his domestic debut for Celtic against Hibernian in the last game of the 2006–07 season and played the full 90 minutes in a match in which he was named man of the match by the Celtic website. He was also on the bench for the 1–0 win over Dunfermline in the 2007 Scottish Cup Final.
On 21 May 2007, Theódór announced he would put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension with Celtic to tie him to the club until the summer of 2009 and on 13 June, he signed a new three-year contract.
In the start of 2012, Theódór signed a new contract with the Danish side Randers FC. However, he got injured in the start-up and was not able to play for six months.
On 24 July 2019, Bjarnason signed with Akhisarspor.
- The Bell's Scottish Football Review 2005.06. Cre8 Publishing. 2005. p. 18. ISBN 9-780954-855611.
- Elmar Bjarnason rykker til Tyrkiet‚ bold.dk, 18 July 2017
- "Hibernian 2-1 Celtic". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Celtic 1-0 Dunfermline". BBC Sport. BBC. 26 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Bjarnason agrees Celtic extension". BBC Sport. 13 June 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- Teddy Bjarnason moves to Norway Archived 18 January 2008 at the Wayback Machine, Celtic FC, 15 January 2008
- "Theodór Elmar til Gautaborgar". RÚV. 23 July 2009. Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- AGF siger farvel til fem spillere‚ bold.dk, 31 May 2017
- Gazişehir Gaziantep, Bjarnason'u transfer etti, milliyet.com.tr, 5 January 2019
- "A karla – Lokahópur fyrir EM 2016" (in Icelandic). Knattspyrnusamband Íslands. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.