Texas Park Road 12
Park Road 12 (PR 12) is a short Park Road located in Washington County, in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S. state of Texas. The highway is approximately 0.3 miles (0.48 km) long, and connects Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site to Farm to Market Road 1155 (FM 1155) and the surrounding community of Washington-on-the-Brazos. The highway was designated in 1939, and was shortened in 1970. The designation originally contained all roads within the park.
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||0.275 mi (0.443 km)|
|Existed||September 26, 1939–present|
|South end||FM 1155 in Washington-on-the-Brazos|
|North end||Park road in Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site|
PR 12 begins at an at-grade intersection with FM 1155 just outside the border of the State Historic Site. The highway begins as a two-lane, paved road. The road proceeds eastward for a short distance before bending northeastward. The roadway continues northeast through dense trees before reaching its northern terminus, an at-grade intersection with a small park road.
Park Road 12 was first designated on September 26, 1939. The highway began at State Highway 90, and included all drives in Old Washington State Park, as the park was known at that time. On October 2, 1970, the Texas Highway Commission passed an order to remove most of the roads in the park road the PR 12 designation. This decision was approved on October 15 of the same year, and removed approximately 0.6 miles (0.97 km) from the route.
The entire road is in Washington County.
|Washington-on-the-Brazos||0.000||0.000||FM 1155 – Navasota||Southern terminus|
|Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Site||0.275||0.443||Park road||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "Park Road No. 12". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site (PDF) (Map). Cartography by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. 2012. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2012 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 539. OCLC 867856197. Retrieved January 25, 2013.[dead link]
- Google (January 25, 2013). "Overview map of Park Road 12" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Statewide Planning Map (Map). Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 25, 2013.