Territory Generation is a government owned corporation of the Northern Territory (Australia), established on 1 July 2014. It had previously been an operational business unit of Power and Water Corporation. Territory Generation owns and operates eight power stations in the Northern Territory.
|government owned corporation|
|Predecessor||Power and Water Corporation|
|Founded||July 1, 2014Darwin, Northern Territory, Australiain|
|Owner||Government of the Northern Territory|
Territory Generation traces its history back to the first power stations in the Northern Territory which were built in 1934 in Darwin and 1937 in Alice Springs.
The Northern Territory does not have a single interconnected electricity transmission network. Territory Generation owns and operates eight power stations on five separate networks. Three of these are regulated by the Australian Energy Regulator and are managed by Power and Water Corporation.
Darwin and Katherine are on the largest regulated grid.
The Alice Springs grid is the second-largest regulated grid.
The smallest regulated grid services the area around Tennant Creek.
- "About Us". Territory Generation. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Our History". Territory Generation. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Electricity Networks". Power and Water Corporation. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Kings Canyon Power Station". Territory Generation. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Yulara Power Station". Territory Generation. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
|This Northern Territory, Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|