- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 06:03, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
Created/expanded by SirEdimon (talk). Self-nominated at 04:44, 13 January 2019 (UTC).
- @SirEdimon: The hook is 202 characters long, longer that the 200 characters limit. By the way, the name of the ship should be stylized as "MS Sovereign". --Z 15:15, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- I think you could leave off "in some scenes" at the end. Yoninah (talk) 22:28, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- Done. SirEdimon (talk) 22:42, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- Here is a review: New enough, long enough, neutrally written, well referenced. As most refs are foreign-language, unable to check for close paraphrasing. The hook is hooky (though see note about hook fact below) and foreign-language hook ref is AGF and cited inline. Image in article is fair use. No QPQ needed for nominator with less than 5 DYK credits.
- I edited the page, italicizing the film title, and added a "citation needed" tag to one sentence that seems to be missing a word; I wonder if the sentence is even necessary. Please look over my edits and see if I made any mistakes. You wrote in the article that only the crew participated as extras, but in the hook, you say the passengers did too. Please clarify.
- I suggest tweaking the hook this way:
- ALT0a: ... that most of the scenes in Yucatán were filmed onboard the MS Sovereign during a transatlantic crossing, with the ship's actual passengers and crew acting as extras? Yoninah (talk) 23:13, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
- Yoninah First of all, I accept the ALT hook. Second, I fixed the "citation needed" and fixed the part about crew and passengers acting as extras. As the filming took place while the ship was in its regular route with actual passengers and crew, many of them appeared in the film (passengers and crew) as extras.SirEdimon (talk)
- Thank you. ALT0a good to go. Yoninah (talk) 00:05, 17 January 2019 (UTC)