Type of site
|Online magazine |
|Created by||Tom Cottingham and Kim Spalding|
|Key people||Bill Detwiler (Editor-in-chief)|
It was founded in 1997 in Louisville, Kentucky, United States by Tom Cottingham and Kim Spalding, and debuted as a website in May 1999. The site was purchased by CNET Networks in 2001 for $23 million.
- "TechRepublic Inc - Company Profile and News". Bloomberg.com. 2019-07-15. Archived from the original on 2019-07-15. Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- "News, Tips, and Advice for Technology Professionals". TechRepublic. 2019-07-15. Archived from the original on 2011-01-26. Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- "Cottingham named regional entrepreneur of the year". American City Business Journals. 2000-07-07. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- Erich Luening. "TechRepublic readies IT community site". CNET Networks. Retrieved 2008-02-11.
- Francisco, San (2001-04-09). "CNET acquires TechRepublic for $23 million". Advance Publications. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|