The Odeon Theater (Teatro Odeón in Spanish) was a theater in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was built by Don Emilio Bieckert in the end of the 19th century. In July 1896, it hosted the first ever film screening in Argentina. It was demolished in 1991 in order to make space for the construction of a parking lot.
Currently the Odeon Tower is being built on the site, and a new theater is being built on one side of the tower to replace the former.
- 1897, Maria Guerrero and Fernando Diaz de Mendoza
- 1898, María Tubau
- 1903, Carmen Cobeña, André Antoine
- 1907, Enrique Borrás
- 1913, Leopoldo Lugones
- 1927, Luigi Pirandello
- 1937, Margarita Xirgu
- 1950, Madeleine Renaud and Jean Louis Barrault
- 1951, Diana Torrieri and Vittorio Gassman
- 1954, Giorgio Strehler and Paolo Grassi
- 1962, Niní Marshall
- 1967, Libertad Lamarque
- 1976, Nati Mistral
Photo of Horacio Coppola.
- "El Teatro Odeón". Buenos Aires: His churytoria y Cultura. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "Teatro Odeón". Buenos Aires - Otra Mirada. May 12, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-14.