Tanzila Kamalovna Narbaeva (Uzbek: Танзила Камaловна Нaрбaева, Tanzila Kamalovna Narbayeva; born 24 July 1957) is an Uzbek politician who has served as Chairperson of the Senate of Uzbekistan since 2019. She previously served as the Deputy Prime Minister from 2016 to 2019, and was the Chairperson of the Women's Committee from 2016 to 2019. Before entering politics she worked as a teacher in Tashkent. She is married, and is the mother of two children.
|Chairwoman of the Senate of Uzbekistan|
|Assumed office |
21 June 2019
|Preceded by||Nigmatilla Yuldashev|
|Born||24 July 1957|
Shahrixon District, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Tashkent University|
- 2006-2007 – PhD in Pedagogy, Tashkent State University
- 1975-1981 – MA and BA in Russian and Literature, Tashkent State University.
- 2019- present – Chairperson of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- 2016-2019 – Deputy Prime Minister, Chairperson of the women’s committee of Uzbekistan
- 2010-2016 – Chairperson of the Federation of Trade Unions of Uzbekistan
- 2008-2010 – Chief officer of the Information and Analytical Department for Education, Health and Social Protection of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- 2005-2008 – Senior specialist of the Information and Analytical Department for Education, Health and Social Protection of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- 1998-2005 – Head of the Secretariat of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan (complex for social protection of family, motherhood and childhood)
- 1997-1998 – Assistant of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan (complex for social protection of family, motherhood and childhood)
- 1995-1997 – Head of the Secretariat of the office of Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- 1993-1995 – Head of the department of the Central Council of the People's Democratic party of Uzbekistan
- 1991-1993 – Secretary of the Sobir Rahimov district’s Council of the People's democratic party of Uzbekistan
- 1988-1991 – Specialist of the party committee of the Sobir Rahimov’s district in Tashkent
- 1986-1988 – Director of Tashkent city schoolchildren house
- 1974-1986 – Worked on leading positions in primary public education sector, studied at the Tashkent State University (1975-1981)
- Uz24.uz (21 June 2019). "Ўзбекистон тарихида илк бор Сенат раислигига аёл киши сайланди" [For the first time in the history of Uzbekistan, a woman was elected to the Senate]. Uz24. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- Wu Qin, ed. (21 June 2019). "Uzbek Senate elects first female chairperson". Xinhua. Retrieved 23 June 2019.