Tânia Anacleto Gregório (also Tanya Anacleto, May 1, 1976 – February 9, 2003) was a Mozambican former swimmer, who specialized in sprint freestyle events. She represented Mozambique at the 2000 Summer Olympics, and also held numerous national records in a sprint freestyle double (both 50 and 100 m).
|Full name||Tânia Anacleto Gregório|
|Born||1 May 1976|
|Died||9 February 2003 (aged 26)|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||59 kg (130 lb)|
Anacleto competed only in the women's 50 m freestyle at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. She received a ticket from FINA, under a Universality program, in an entry time of 29.48. She challenged seven other swimmers in heat three, including Nigeria's top favorite Ngozi Monu and Aruba's 15-year-old teen Roshendra Vrolijk. Diving in with a fastest reaction of 0.64 seconds, Anacleto scorched the field effortlessly to hit the wall with a second-fastest time and a Mozambican record of 28.78. Anacleto failed to advance into the semifinals, as she placed fifty-eighth overall out of 74 swimmers in the prelims.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Tanya Anacleto". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "After deluge Moz wants success". News24. 15 September 2000. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 50m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 3)" (PDF). Sydney 2000. Omega Timing. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Sydney 2000: Swimming – Women's 50m Freestyle Heat 3" (PDF). Sydney 2000. LA84 Foundation. p. 164. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 August 2011. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Results from the Summer Olympics – Swimming (Women's 50m Freestyle)". Canoe.ca. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Atletas de Natação fora da Competição Sidney 2000" [Swimmers are out of the competition in Sydney 2000] (in Portuguese). Mozambique Online. 25 September 2000. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Melhor nadadora moçambicana morre em acidente de viação" [Mozambican best swimmer dies in road accident] (in Portuguese). Notícias Lusófonas. 9 February 2003. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Ernesto, Nelson (9 February 2003). "Família da natação homenageia Tânia Anacleto" [Swimming family honors Tania Anacleto] (in Portuguese). Notícias Lusófonas. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Mozambican swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|