Tamoi (Malay: Mukim Tamoi) is a neighbourhood in Kampong Ayer, the stilt settlement on the Brunei River in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei. It is officially a mukim (subdistrict) in Brunei-Muara District, as well as parts of the capital's municipal areas. As a mukim, it is headed by a penghulu and the incumbent is Mokti bin Matsaleh.
|• Penghulu||Mokti Matsaleh|
|• Total||51.7600 ha (127.9017 acres)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,000/sq mi)|
There used to be two other villages namely Limbongan and Ujong Bukit but have since ceased to exist due to the redevelopment project to the Kedayan River and the construction of Taman Mahkota Jubli Emas.
There are two primary schools in Tamoi, namely Bendahara Lama Primary School and Haji Tarif Primary School. Each school also shares buildings with a religious school of the namesake.
Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Mosque serves the Tamoi residents for congregational Islamic prayers and activities, in particular Jumu'ah or the weekly Friday prayers.
- "Penghulu Mukim Tamoi imbau kenangan Hari Raya zaman dahulu". Media Permata Online (in Malay). 1 July 2017. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- (in Malay) pp 11
- "Brunei-Muara District" (PDF). www.information.gov.bn. p. 8. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN MUNICIPAL BOARD (BOUNDARIES OF MUNICIPAL BOARD AREA) DECLARATION, 2008" (PDF). www.agc.gov.bn. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "postcodes". post.gov.bn. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "A beacon of Bandar's revitalisation – Borneo Bulletin Online". Borneo Bulletin Online. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
|This Brunei location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|