Tamalika Karmakar (born 2 July) is a Bangladeshi actress and model. Her notable film roles were in Ei Ghar Ei Songshar (1996), Kittonkhola (2000) and Ghetuputra Komola (2012). Tamalika won Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Kittonkhola. In July 2017, she performed, with Aranyak Nattaydal theatre troupe, in Rarang, on their 180th rendition.
|Relatives||Chayanika Chowdhury (sister)|
|Awards||Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress|
Karmakar was born on 2 July. She started acting at the age of 3. Gowhor Jamil, folk and classical dancer, was her dance teacher.
Karmakar has been associated with the theater group Aranyak Nattaydal since January 1992. She debuted in the theater play Pathor, written and produced by Mamunur Rashid and Azizul Hakim. She went on to play other plays including Khela Khela, Iblish, Prakritojon and Joyjointhi.
|1995||Anya Jibon||Sheikh Niamat Ali|
|2000||Kittonkhola||Dalimon||Abu Sayeed||won Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2012||Ghetuputra Komola||Mother of Komala||Humayun Ahmed|
|1993||Kothao Keu Nei||Shuma||Mohammad Barkatullah|
|1992||Pathor||55 Show, Playwright Mamunur Rashid, director Azizul Hakim|
|1997||Joy Joyonti||103 Show|
|1997||Moyour Singhason||115 Show|
|1998||Prakritojon Kotha||20 Show|
|2010||Sopnojatrik||1 Show, It was built on the Rana Plaza collapse|
|2010||Khela Khela||2 Show|
|2017||Jubilee Hotele||18 Show|
|2017||Adom||Mamunur Rashid directed|
|2017||Manus||In Melbourne/Sidni , Mamunur Rashid directed|
|2017||Iblish||In London, Mamunur Rashid directed|
|Mayer Mukh||10 Show, Pracco Nattodol|
|Saylok||1 Show, Pracco Nattodol|
National Film Awards is the most prominent film award ceremony in Bangladesh. Established in 1975 by Government of Bangladesh. This is the only film awards given to the Government of Bangladesh. Tamalika Karmakar received this Award for Best Supporting Actress for movie Kittonkhola in 2000 directed by Abu Sayeed.
- Mega Start Music and Entertainment award 2016
Tamalika Karmakar got Mega Start Music and Entertainment award in recognition of her outstanding and continuous achievement in acting and theater Performance organized by Mega Start Music & Entertainment 2 October 2016.
- International Theatre Festival of Kerala (ITFOK) 2008
International Theatre Festival of Kerala (ITFOK) is an international theatre festival held every year in December in Thrissur city of Kerala State, India. The festival is organized by Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy and Cultural Department of Government of Kerala. The festival was started in 2008. This was given to Tamalika Karmakar as a memorandum in International Theater Festival of Kerala 2008
- Television Dorshok Forum of Bangladesh (TDFBD) (2005)
Television Dorshok Forum of Bangladesh (TDFBD) is the community for award giving of the Various Television Program by the voting of the Viewers of Bangladesh. It also gives life time awards to various celebrities. Tamalika Karmakar received this award as best actress in 2005.
- Ekota Performance Award 2004
Ekota Performance Award is given by Ekota Cultural and Social Organization. Every year they arrange a program to honor best artists all over the country. Tamalika Karmakar received that award as best actress of drama in 2004.
- DPL Media City Showbiz Award (2010)
Tamalika won the Award for best actress in stage by DPL Media City Showbiz Award in 2010. This award is arranged By Dhaka Cultural Reporters Unity
- Ekota Samajik Sangskritik Sangstha Award (2002)
Tamalika Karmakar received Ekota Samajik Sangskritik Sangstha honor for her remarkable acting in Bangla telefilm Kurukkhetro, this is the certificate of this award given at 2002
- BTV Child Artist Award (Nutun Kuri) 1982
In 1982 Tamalika Karmakar again received Bangladesh National Television Child Artist Award (Nutun Kuri) in the category of story telling. This awards was just the beginning of her colourful Career.
- International Pen-Palls Club Award (1989)
Tamalika Karmakar Received International Pen-Palls Club Award in 1989 for bring up the Heroic acts of the myrters in 1971 libaration war to the children.
- Aronnok Natto Dol Award
She won the honorable medal from Aronnok Natto Dol in their 50th stage show. Aronnok is a prominent theater group in Bangladesh.
- Bornochora Natto Goshthi Award
Tamalika Karmakar got the Bornochora Natto Goshthi Award in their 32 years anniversary. Bornochora Natto Goshthi is a very old theater and performance group in Bangladesh.
- Shibli Award by Dhaka Theatre
Dhaka Theater had given Tamalika Karmakar Faojia Yasmin Shibli Podok in Shelim al Din Jonmoutshob 2008 for her extraordinary talent and performance in theater for this long years.
- North American Bangladesh Cultural Society Award
Honorary Award from the North American Bangladesh Cultural Society.
- তমালিকা কর্মকার. Online Dhaka (in Bengali). 29 August 2013.
- Shah Alam Shazu (23 August 2012). "Tomalika Kormokar: Actor with presence". The Daily Star. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Rafi Hossain and M H Haider (4 July 2015). "The Joys of Eid Tomalika". The Daily Star. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- জাতীয় চলচ্চিত্র পুরস্কার প্রাপ্তদের নামের তালিকা (১৯৭৫-২০১২) [List of the winners of National Film Awards (1975-2012)]. Government of Bangladesh (in Bengali). Bangladesh Film Development Corporation. Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Tamalika Leaves Acting for America". The Daily Star. 28 July 2018. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- Sadia Khalid (1 February 2014). "Tomalika Kormokar For the Love of Acting". The Daily Star. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Shazu, Shah (4 March 2017). "Tamalika looks back on 25-year theatre career". The Daily Star. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Shah Alam Shazu (27 October 2010). "A return to the silver screen". The Daily Star. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Yuktarāṣṭrē sam'mānanā pācchēna tamālikā karmakāra" যুক্তরাষ্ট্রে সম্মাননা পাচ্ছেন তমালিকা কর্মকার [Tamlika Karmarkar is being honored in the United States]. Banglanews24.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 5 July 2018.