GA Sweeps: DelistedEdit
As part of the WikiProject Good Articles, we're doing sweeps to go over all of the current GAs and see if they still meet the GA criteria. I believe the article currently has multiple issues that need to be addressed, and as a result, I have delisted the article. The main issues are below.
- The lead needs to be expanded to better summarize the article. See WP:LEAD for guidelines. Try and touch on each topic in the article.
- There are several "citation needed" tags throughout the article that need to be addressed. The tags have been there since 2007 & 2008!
- "The first comprehensive book on the history of Puerto Rico was written by Fray Iñigo Abbad y Lasierra in 1786, 293 years after the first Spaniards arrived on the island. hedhee9" This looks like vandalism at the end of the sentence. Restore any deleted content.
- Portions of "United States colony", "Government and politics", "Within the United States", "Population and racial makeup", and "Culture" are unsourced. Add additional citations from a variety of sources to provide a balanced representation of the information present. Perhaps sources can be pulled from the main articles linked to within the article. Look to books, magazines, newspaper articles, other websites, etc.
- "Only the "fundamental rights" under the federal constitution apply to Puerto Rico like the Privileges and Immunities Clause (U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 2, Clause 1, also known as the Comity Clause..." The bold font is not needed here.
- The inline citations need to go directly after the punctuation throughout the article. Fix all occurrences.
- Throughout the article there are several single sentences. To improve the flow of the article, either expand on these or incorporate them into another paragraph.
- The article has multiple dead links. The Internet Archive can assist in fixing them.
- Many of the citations only have a title. The sources should include the author, date, publisher, access date, etc. Consider using the citation templates at WP:CITET to simplify the formatting.
- This isn't required for GA, but there are multiple free images in the article that should be moved to Wikimedia Commons. This will allow the other language Wikipedias to use the images for their articles.
Although the article has been delisted, the article can be return to GA status by addressing the above points. Once sources are added and cleanup is done, I recommend renominating the article at WP:GAN. If you disagree with this assessment, a community consensus can be reached at WP:GAR. If you need clarification or assistance with any of these issues, please contact me on my talk page and I'll do my best to help you out. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 18:27, 7 July 2009 (UTC)