Talk:Gimlet (tool)

Add topic
Active discussions
WikiProject Woodworking  (Inactive)
WikiProject iconThis article is within the scope of WikiProject Woodworking, a project which is currently considered to be inactive.


Whoever tagged this article as being unreferenced obviously didn't read it. Yes, the author didn't place a reference list at the end of the article but tagging it as citing no references is patently false. Mike Hayes (talk) 04:46, 31 December 2008 (UTC)


Being French, I can affirm that this tool is never called "un gibelet" in modern French, but rather "une vrille". Olivier (can't remember my user name)

Alternate nameEdit

Isn't this also called a "screw-starter", for those who are not familiar with the word "gimlet"?Zipzip50 (talk) 16:26, 8 June 2014 (UTC)