Tim Kring(Redirected from Tailwind Productions)
Kring at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International
Richard Timothy Kring|
July 9, 1957
El Dorado County, California, United States Raised in Santa Maria, Calif
|Occupation||Screenwriter, television producer|
Strange World |
|Relatives||Brothers Kenneth & Buddy Kring, twin-sister; Rebecca Kring-Rosen|
He attended Allan Hancock College, where his father, Ray, was the track coach, then graduated from the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts in 1983. Discussing his beginnings, Kring said:
|“||I never even thought about scripts when I got out of film school. I pulled cables and shot documentaries. I finally got a gig with commercial house where I would come on with a camera crew as second assistant shooting Japanese cigarette commercials. I had an opportunity to get into the camera crew and decided I did not really want to do that with my life. So I sat down and wrote a script and went back to all the people I had met, got an agent out of it and started going out on a gazillion pitch meetings, and pitched anything I could.:6||”|
Kring's first job as a screenwriter was for the television show Knight Rider. Other early projects included co-writing an episode of Misfits of Science (which, like his later project Heroes, featured super-powered humans as a main theme) and Teen Wolf Too with Jeph Loeb. Kring and Loeb would collaborate again when producing Heroes. Kring also co-wrote the 2010 book Shift: A Novel (Gates of Orpheus Trilogy) with Dale Peck.
After the cancellation of Heroes in 2010 Kring created the TV series Touch, a drama focusing on a father (Kiefer Sutherland) who discovers that his mute son can predict future events. The series premiered on January 25, 2012 on Fox and was cancelled after two seasons on May 9, 2013.
On February 22, 2014, during its Olympics coverage, NBC announced Heroes is coming back as a 13-episode event miniseries titled Heroes Reborn. It premiered in 2015 with creator Tim Kring as the executive producer.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2001–2007||Crossing Jordan||Creator/Executive producer|
|2015–2016||Heroes Reborn||Creator/Executive creator|
- Hadas Bashan (December 24, 2009). אנטי גיבור [Anti Hero]. Pnai Plus (in Hebrew) (1062). Yedioth Ahronoth. pp. 58–61. Retrieved December 28, 2009.
- Meyers, Lawrence (June 2, 2010). Inside the TV Writers' Room: Practical Advice for Succeeding in Television. Syracuse University Press. ISBN 0-8156-3241-X.
- "Notable Alumni". University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts. Archived from the original on 2007-05-23.
- Spoiler TV: Pilot Order for Heroes Creator Tim Spoiler TV
- "NBC's 'Heroes' to be Revived as Miniseries (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter. February 22, 2014.
- Master of Sci-Fi: Tim Kring Archived 2008-10-02 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Tim Kring|
- Tim Kring on IMDb
- Interview: Tim Kring, Heroes creator, The TV Addict, 2006-10-12
- NBC's Super Heroes: Burning Questions Answered!, TV Guide, 2006-10-16 (archive.org link)
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|