The TVS Apache RR 310 (RR as Race Replica) is a touring bike made by the TVS Motor Company in collaboration with BMW Motorrad that was launched in India on December 6, 2017. It uses a 312.2cc single-cylinder, four-stroke, SI, liquid-cooled, DOHC reverse inclined engine.
|Manufacturer||TVS Motor Company|
|Also called||BMW G 310 RR|
|Assembly||Hosur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Engine||312.2cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder, 4v, DOHC, reverse inclined|
|Bore / stroke||80 mm × 62.1 mm (3.15 in × 2.44 in)|
|Top speed||175 km/h (109 mph)|
|Power||25 kW (34 hp)@ 9,700 rpm|
|Torque||27.3 N⋅m (20.1 lbf⋅ft) @ 7,700 rpm|
|Frame type||Aluminium Trellis frame|
|Suspension||Front: KYB inverted cartridge telescopic fork|
Rear: 2-arm aluminium die-cast swing-arm, mono tube floating piston gas assisted shock
|Brakes||Front:Four piston radial fixed caliper
300mm Petal Disc with ABS
Rear: Single piston axial floating caliper240mm Petal Disc with ABS
|Tires||Michelin Road 5
Front: 110/70-R17 M/C 54H |
Rear: 150/60-R17 M/C 66H
|Wheelbase||1,365 mm (53.7 in)|
|Dimensions||L: 2,001 mm (78.8 in)|
W: 786 mm (30.9 in)
H: 1,135 mm (44.7 in)
|Seat height||810 mm (32 in)|
|Weight||169.5 kg (374 lb) (claimed) (wet)|
|Fuel capacity||11 L (2.4 imp gal; 2.9 US gal)|
Although the engine of the Apache RR 310 is from BMW Motorrad's BMW G 310 R platform, the motorcycle was entirely designed by TVS in India. It is the company's first fully-faired production motorcycle. The TVS Apache RR310 is powered by 312.2cc BS6 engine which develops a power of 33.5 bhp and a torque of 27.3 Nm. With both front and rear disc brakes, the TVS Apache RR310 comes up with anti-locking braking system (ABS).
The Apache RR 310 is a fully faired motorcycle with a sports-tourer style seating configuration inspired from sharks. The engine uses a reverse inclined configuration. The bike has dual LED projector headlamps.
The RR 310 has variety of electronics compared to other motorcycles in the Apache series like the RTR 200 4V.
- Anti-lock braking system: Dual channel
- Rear wheel lift-off protection
- Electronic throttle control: It has four settings, namely Track mode, Sport mode, Urban mode, and Rain mode. Urban and Rain modes limit engine output and maximum speed.
- Electronic fuel injection
- Race computer: Provides various tools such as timers and telemetry, and ergonomics for racing and sports.
2019 Update edit
2020 Update edit
In January 2020, the motorcycle was launched to cater to the newest emission norms of India known as BS6. Ride by wire throttle gives this motorcycle a better throttle response. Power and torque output remained unchanged. A new colour named 'Titanium Black' was introduced, which replaced the recently introduced 'Phantom Black' colour. The motorcycle was also updated with features like colour TFT screen instrument cluster with mobile phone connectivity and 4 riding modes (Urban, Rain, Sport, and Track). The urban and Rain modes produce low power and torque which offers better fuel consumption. The other updates were newer Michelin Road 5 tyres and the Glide Thru Technology Plus.
2021 Update edit
In August 2021, the new 2021 model of TVS Apache RR310 was launched. The new model has the addition of new features like adjustable suspension with 20- step rebound damping on the left fork and 20-step compression damping on the right and 15mm pre-load adjustment. .
The motorcycle's performance numbers as provided by the company are:-
- Max. speed: 165 km/h (103 mph)
- Acceleration (0-2sec): 46.7 km/h (29.0 mph).
- 0-60 km/h (37 mph): (time in sec): 2.04s.
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph): (time in sec): 6.17s.
International launch edit
See also edit
- "TVS Apache RR 310 Pure Racecraft - Ultimate Track Weapon". TVS Apache. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Cite error: The named reference
TVS Apache RR 310 Pure aircraft - Ultimate Track Weaponwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "2018 TVS Apache RR 310 Launched – TVS Apache RR 310 Price at Rs 2.05 lakh – Autocar India". Autocar India. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "TVS Apache RR 310 Price, Mileage, Review – TVS Bikes". TVS Apache RR 310. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 21 Aug 2020.
- "2019 TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs 2.27 lakh". Autocar India. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "2020 BS6 TVS Apache RR 310 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs. 2.40 Lakh". CarandBike. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- "2021 TVS Apache RR310 launched at Rs 2.59 lakh". The Financial Express. 30 August 2021.
- "TVS Apache RR 310, RTR 160 4V, Ntorq 125 launched in Peru". Autocar India. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "TVS Apache RR 310 Launched in Nepal, Company Forays into Premium bike Segment". News18. Retrieved 2019-01-18.