TS Entertainment (also known as TS ENTER (티에스이엔티이알)) was a South Korean record label and entertainment agency founded in 2008 by Kim Tae‑song (김태송). It was located at Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The company was responsible for managing idol groups such as Untouchable, Secret, B.A.P., Sonamoo, and TRCNG.
|Genre||K-pop, hip hop, R&B, dance|
|Founded||October 8, 2008|
|Defunct||January 31, 2021|
|Fate||Allegations of mistreatment, physical abuse, extortion, criminal battery, and unfair conditions and profits through lawsuits|
|Services||Music Production, Artist Management|
|Revenue||9 Million USD (2014)|
TS Entertainment was founded by Kim Tae-song in October 2008. The company signed Untouchable as their first artist and released their debut single "It's Okay" in the same month.
In October 2009, TS Entertainment officially debuted the four-member girl group Secret. They were first introduced to the public through the reality show Secret Story on Mnet. On October 13, 2009, Secret's debut single "I Want You Back" was released.
In July 2011, TS Entertainment established themselves outside South Korea through the formation of TS Japan in Tokyo, Japan.
In January 2012, TS Entertainment debuted a six-member boy band named B.A.P. The members were introduced in a documentary show, Ta-Dah, It's B.A.P which first aired on SBS MTV Korea on January 8, 2012.
On December 29, 2014, TS Entertainment debuted a seven-member girl group named Sonamoo.
On October 10, 2017, they debuted boy group TRCNG.
On April 28, 2018, TS Entertainment's CEO and founder Kim Tae-song, died.
On January 31, 2021, TS Entertainment privately shut down and deleted its website.
On March 2023, it was confirmed that a genuine MAMA trophy of B.A.P, a group formerly handled by TS Entertainment, was bought at a flea market in the Philippines. The findings caused outrage among fans, who believed that TS Entertainment likely threw away B.A.P's first ever award after the company closed down, until it landed on a flea market in the Philippines.
On November 27, 2014 the six members of B.A.P collectively filed a lawsuit against TS Entertainment in order to nullify their contracts, claiming unfair conditions and profit distribution. The following day, TS Entertainment issued a press release refuting the claims made, stating that "there have been neither such maltreatments to the artists nor unfair clauses in the contract". On August 1, 2015, B.A.P. returned to TS Entertainment as both parties reached a settlement.
Jieun and Hyoseong's lawsuitEdit
On February 28, 2018, It was reported that Jieun and Hyoseong had legal disputes, by on 2017, Jieun submitted the request for the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, following this, Jieun results announced her departure from Secret and the company, so she took her post from her via Instagram.
On March 5, Hyoseong was first to fill a civil lawsuit, in order to terminate from her contract and her company, later she also announced her departure from Secret, and for this the agency had sent to Jun Hyoseong, the contract of the company will be valid to the ends of terms, following to the departures of TS Entertainment, effectively ending Secret.
On September 14, 2019, it was revealed that Sleepy of Untouchable had filed a lawsuit to terminate his contract with TS Entertainment, citing lack of trust after they refused to show him payment documents and a physical copy of his contract. Sleepy also said that he did not receive any payment for his activities until 10 years after his contract was signed. TS later denied these statements, saying all of Sleepy's claims were "false" and that he embezzled funds from the company, which Sleepy denied. The next day, it was announced TS Entertainment was forwarded to prosecution for overdue payments of artists.
Sumin and Nahyun's lawsuitsEdit
On September 23, 2019, it was announced that Sumin and Nahyun of Sonamoo were filing a lawsuit against TS Entertainment to terminate their contracts after the company failed to end their contracts following the two sending TS Entertainment certifications of content back in May. TS Entertainment released a statement on the same day, claiming that the two members suddenly "cut contact" with the company and group after the documents were sent. The statement also announced Sonamoo would continue as a five member group.
Wooyeop and Taeseon's lawsuitEdit
On November 4, 2019, TRCNG members Wooyeop and Taeseon sent a certification of contents to terminate their contracts with TS Entertainment while also filing a criminal complaint against the company, accusing company executives and employees of child abuse, criminal battery, and extortion. They alleged that they were forced to practice choreography from 5pm until 5am, only to have to work again at 10am. While under the age of 18, they allegedly were forced to live in a dorm with no proper meals being provided with the dorm also allegedly having problems with electricity often being cut out and broken air conditioners, plumbing and water purifying systems. Wooyeop also alleged that he was once beaten using a metal chair by Yoon, the head of TRCNG's choreography team. Taeseon also alleged that he was regularly beaten from the moment he became a trainee.
Former Recording ArtistsEdit
- Untouchable (2008-2019)
- Secret (2009-2018)
- Han Sun-hwa (2009-2016)
- Jun Hyo-seong (2009-2018)
- Song Ji-eun (2009-2018)
- Jung Ha-na (2009-2021)
- B.A.P. (2012-2019)
- Sonamoo (2014-2021)
- TRCNG (2017-2022)
- Han Soo-yeon (2011-2017)
- ^ "About TS Entertainment - History of TS Ent". tsenter.co.kr. Archived from the original on 2 October 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "Secret - Profile". MTV Korea. MTV World & MTV Networks, Viacom International Inc. Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- ^ "About TS Entertainment - Introduction". tsenter.co.kr. Archived from the original on 29 January 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "송지은 래퍼" 방용국, 과거 힙합씬 활동사진 공개 ‘훈훈포스’ [TS Entertainment reveals past photos of Ji Eun’s rapper, Bang Yong Guk]. Newsen Power News (in Korean). Newsen. 2011-03-08. Archived from the original on 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- ^ Hong, Lucia (2012-01-26). "New boy band B.A.P's debut documentary to air in 8 Asian countries". 10asiae News. 10asiae (ⓒ 10아시아 ). Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- ^ "Get 'Deja Vu' with the edgy and chic ladies of SONAMOO in debut MV". allkpop.com. Archived from the original on 11 January 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "TRCNG growl in 'Wolf Baby' MV!". allkpop.com. Archived from the original on 31 March 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "[부고]시크릿·B.A.P 소속사 TS엔터 김태송 대표, 27일 별세". Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- ^ "TSENTR Co., Ltd. Company Information 2021". Nice Biz Info.
- ^ https://www.koreaboo.com/news/fans-furious-3rd-gen-kpop-group-bap-first-mama-awards-trophy-second-hand-store/
- ^ https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=346648
- ^ Kim, Hyung-woo; Hong, Grace Danbi (November 27, 2014). "TS Entertainment Checking on B.A.P′s Lawsuit to Nullify Contract". Newsen. Mwave. Archived from the original on November 30, 2014. Retrieved November 27, 2014.
- ^ Ock, Hyun-ju (November 28, 2014). "Star agency refutes B.A.P slave contract controversy". K-Pop Herald. The Korean Herald. Archived from the original on November 29, 2014. Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- ^ "B.A.P reported to have filed to nullify their contract with TS Entertainment". allkpop.com. Archived from the original on 6 January 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "[BREAKING] B.A.P returns to TS Entertainment after long legal battle". allkpop.com. Archived from the original on 8 January 2018. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- ^ "슬리피 "100원도 정산 못 받아" vs TS "정산 끝, 법적 판단 받을 것"". Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- ^ "Ts엔터 측 "슬리피 생활고? 납득 어려워..거짓 주장"(전문)". Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- ^ "[단독]Ts 엔터, 직원 연차수당 미지급해 검찰 송치". Archived from the original on 2019-12-19. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- ^ a b c "[단독] 소나무 나현·수민도 Ts엔터테인먼트 전속계약 '소송 제기'". Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- ^ "Ts엔터 "소나무 5인 체제로 개편, 나현·수민 법적 대응" [공식입장]". Archived from the original on 2020-01-01. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- ^ "'TRCNG' 우엽·태선, TS엔터 형사 고소.."아동학대·특수폭행, 처벌 요구"". daum.net (in Korean). Archived from the original on 18 November 2019. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- ^ "디액션, Ts 떠나 홀로서기 "이제는 더플러그 소속"". 10 December 2019. Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- ^ a b "Ts엔터테인먼트, 슬리피 이어 소나무 나현·수민에 '전속계약' 피소(공식)".
- ^ a b "Ts엔터테인먼트 측 "소나무 나현·수민 전속계약 소송 제기…곧 입장낼 것"". Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- ^ TS_Enter [@TS_Enter] (November 18, 2019). "<TRCNG 향후 활동 관련 공식입장> 안녕하세요. TS엔터테인먼트입니다. TRCNG 향후 활동 관련 공식입장 전달드립니다. 멤버들과의 오랜 상의 끝에, 향후 TRCNG는 태선, 우엽을 제외한 8인 체제로 활동할 예정입니다. 앞으로도 TRCNG에게 많은 관심과 사랑 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다" (Tweet) (in Korean). Retrieved December 31, 2020 – via Twitter.