T. J. Lang
Thomas John "T. J." Lang (born September 20, 1987) is a former American football guard. He played college football at Eastern Michigan and was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Lang was a member of the Packers' Super Bowl XLV win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, and has also played for the Detroit Lions.
Lang with the Packers in 2011
|No. 70, 76|
|Born:||September 20, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|High school:||Bloomfield Hills (MI) Brother Rice|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 109|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Lang was born in Royal Oak, Michigan. He attended Lakeland High School in White Lake, Michigan before transferring to Brother Rice High School in Birmingham, Michigan. He played on both the offensive and defensive line. As a senior, he had 59 tackles, 8.5 sacks, and one fumble recovery on defense.
T. J. Lang attended Eastern Michigan University. As a freshman, Lang played in all 11 games as a defensive lineman, recording 11 tackles, in the 2005 season. As a sophomore in 2006 Lang moved to offensive tackle and started all 36 games over the next three years.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in
|5.15 s||1.75 s||2.97 s||4.42 s||26.5 in
|All values are from Pro Day|
Green Bay PackersEdit
Lang was selected in the fourth round (109th overall) by the Green Bay Packers in the 2009 NFL Draft. On July 7, 2009, he signed a contract with the Packers. Lang started his first game at the left tackle position versus the Cleveland Browns due to an injury to Chad Clifton.
On August 14, 2012, Lang signed a four-year contract extension with the Packers worth $20.8 million and a $5.5 million signing bonus through the 2016 season.
In 2018, Lang started six games at right guard, missing three games due to head, back, and neck injuries, before being placed on injured reserve on November 14, 2018.
On March 8, 2019, Lang was released by the Lions.
On March 29, 2019, Lang announced his retirement from the NFL.
- "T.J. Lang - Eastern Michigan, OG : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "T.J. Lang Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- Dunne, Tyler (August 14, 2012). "Lang earns new deal with Packers". JSOnline.com. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- Orr, Conor (March 12, 2017). "Detroit Lions sign guard T.J. Lang to three-year deal". NFL.com.
- Twentyman, Tim (January 19, 2018). "T.J. Lang named to 2018 Pro Bowl". DetroitLions.com.
- Birkett, Dave (November 14, 2018). "T.J. Lang's Detroit Lions career could be over; now on injured reserve". Freep.com.
- Patra, Kevin (March 8, 2019). "Lions release vet guard T.J. Lang after two seasons". NFL.com.
- Patra, Kevin (March 29, 2019). "Ex-Packers, Lions OL T.J. Lang retiring after 10 seasons". NFL.com.