Tōi Umi kara Kita Coo (遠い海から来たＣＯＯ, Tōi Umi kara Kita Kū, lit. "From a Distant Ocean Came Coo") is a Japanese novel by Tamio Kageyama. It won the Naoki Prize in 1988. It was adapted into an anime film named Coo: Tōi Umi kara Kita Coo (COO: 遠い海から来たＣＯＯ, Kū: Tōi Umi kara Kita Kū, lit. "Coo: From a Distant Ocean Came Coo"), released in 1993 by Toei Animation. The story revolves around a boy who finds a baby plesiosaur.
|Tōi Umi kara Kita Kū|
|Written by||Tamio Kageyama|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Coo: Tōi Umi kara Kita Coo|
|Directed by||Tetsuo Imazawa|
|Written by||Kihachi Okamoto|
|Music by||Kazumasa Oda|
|Released||19 December 1993|
- Yusuke is 12-year-old boy.
- Coo is a baby plesiosaur.
- Tetsuo Obata is a marine biologist
- Contseau is a dog.
- Catherine "Cathy" Ono is a Japanese-Canadian woman who works for the Coast Guard and "Green Earth".
- Col. Nolver is a celebrity among them.
- Dr. Davard Duvall is a marine biologist.
- Rooslean is a captain of the French navy.