Syria Deeply is a single issue news website on the Syrian Conflict cofounded in December 2012 by Lara Setrakian and Azeo Fables. It is a collaboration with Ushahidi, freelance correspondents in the Middle East and other collaborators. It synthesizes information on the Syria conflict into a single website with sub headings covering issues regarding the Syrian conflict, interactive graphics, Google hangouts and video content. It has been compared to a next generation blog according to Gigaom  that was ahead of the explanatory news trend active in 2014.
Distribution of ContentEdit
The website focuses on the Syria conflict active since the Arab Spring on a dedicated basis. Beyond its own website it spreads its content via various mainstream outlets. News Deeply has partnered with the New York Times columnist Nicholos Kristof, has presented interviews with its journalists on BBC  and MSNBC, and has published news articles in various publications including ABC News, Nytimes. In 2013 Syria Deeply had an Interview with John Kerry, Nicholas Kristof, Lara Setrakian and the New York Times.
The parent company, News Deeply, has created multiple other Deeply sites including Ebola Deeply and Water Deeply. The company has several revenue streams including philanthropic support, brand sponsorships, and tech design and consulting of similar platforms for universities and think tanks.
- "Syria Deeply and the ongoing unbundling of the news". gigaom.com. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Syria Deeply and the ongoing unbundling of the news". gigaom.com. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Syria Deeply 2013 Excellence in Online Journalism Award Winner". Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Patrick Hilsman, Syria Deeply journalist, talks to me about the situation on the ground in Aleppo". Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "What Syrian people would like us to know". Archived from the original on 2013-09-08. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Analysis of Syrian Regime strikes ISIS". Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "How Islamic Fundamentalists will Rule Mosul". Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Live Google Hangout with John Kerry". Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- re:publica 2014 - Lara Setrakian: Redesigning News, Deeply. Retrieved 2014-07-10.